Anti-Jagged1 antibody (ab85763)
- Product nameAnti-Jagged1 antibodySee all Jagged1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Jagged1
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1200 to the C-terminus of Human Jagged1.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: MEL-1; HeLa; HEK293
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85763 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionLigand for multiple Notch receptors and involved in the mediation of Notch signaling. May be involved in cell-fate decisions during hematopoiesis. Seems to be involved in early and late stages of mammalian cardiovascular development. Inhibits myoblast differentiation (By similarity). Enhances fibroblast growth factor-induced angiogenesis (in vitro).
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed in adult and fetal tissues. In cervix epithelium expressed in undifferentiated subcolumnar reserve cells and squamous metaplasia. Expression is up-regulated in cervical squamous cell carcinoma. Expressed in bone marrow cell line HS-27a which supports the long-term maintenance of immature progenitor cells.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in JAG1 are the cause of Alagille syndrome type 1 (ALGS1) [MIM:118450]. Alagille syndrome is an autosomal dominant multisystem disorder defined clinically by hepatic bile duct paucity and cholestasis in association with cardiac, skeletal, and ophthalmologic manifestations. There are characteristic facial features and less frequent clinical involvement of the renal and vascular systems.
Defects in JAG1 are a cause of tetralogy of Fallot (TOF) [MIM:187500]. TOF is a congenital heart anomaly which consists of pulmonary stenosis, ventricular septal defect, dextroposition of the aorta (aorta is on the right side instead of the left) and hypertrophy of the right ventricle. This condition results in a blue baby at birth due to inadequate oxygenation. Surgical correction is emergent.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 DSL domain.
Contains 15 EGF-like domains.
- Developmental stageExpressed in 32-52 days embryos in the distal cardiac outflow tract and pulmonary artery, major arteries, portal vein, optic vesicle, otocyst, branchial arches, metanephros, pancreas, mesocardium, around the major bronchial branches, and in the neural tube.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Entrez Gene: 182 Human
- Entrez Gene: 16449 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 29146 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 140421 Zebrafish
- Omim: 601920 Human
- SwissProt: P78504 Human
- SwissProt: Q9QXX0 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q63722 Rat
- SwissProt: Q90Y57 Zebrafish
- Unigene: 224012 Human
- Unigene: 22398 Mouse
- Unigene: 88804 Rat
- Unigene: 83677 Zebrafish
- AGS antibodyAHD antibodyAWS antibody
- CD 339 antibodyCD339 antibodyCD339 antigen antibodyHeadturner antibodyHJ1 antibodyHtu antibodyJag 1 antibodyJag1 antibodyJAG1_HUMAN antibodyJagged 1 antibodyJagged1 (Alagille syndrome) antibodyJagged1 antibodyJAGL1 antibodyMGC104644 antibodyOTTHUMP00000030278 antibodyProtein jagged-1 antibodySer 1 antibodySer-1 antibodySer1 antibodySerrate 1 antibodySerrate-1 antibodySlalom antibody
Anti-Jagged1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Jagged1 antibody (ab85763) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : MEL-1 (Human embryonic stem cell, male cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab27198)
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 134 kDa
Observed band size : 160 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 105 kDa,40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 20 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab85763 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab85763, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 100% methanol fixed (5 min) Hek293, HepG2 and MCF7 cells at 5µg/ml, and in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) HeLa, Hek293, HepG2 and MCF7 cells at 5µg/ml.
ICC/IF image of ab85763 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab85763, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Jagged1 antibody (ab85763)
ab85763 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.