Anti-KAT3B / p300 antibody (ab41838)
- Product nameAnti-KAT3B / p300 antibodySee all KAT3B / p300 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KAT3B / p300
- Tested applicationsIHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to C-terminal of human p300 (The amino acid sequence is not available).
- Positive controlBreast carcinoma.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41838 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionFunctions as histone acetyltransferase and regulates transcription via chromatin remodeling. Acetylates all four core histones in nucleosomes. Histone acetylation gives an epigenetic tag for transcriptional activation. Mediates cAMP-gene regulation by binding specifically to phosphorylated CREB protein. Also functions as acetyltransferase for nonhistone targets. Acetylates 'Lys-131' of ALX1 and acts as its coactivator in the presence of CREBBP. Acetylates SIRT2 and is proposed to indirectly increase the transcriptional activity of TP53 through acetylation and subsequent attenuation of SIRT2 deacetylase function. Acetylates HDAC1 leading to its inactivation and modulation of transcription. Acts as a TFAP2A-mediated transcriptional coactivator in presence of CITED2. Plays a role as a coactivator of NEUROD1-dependent transcription of the secretin and p21 genes and controls terminal differentiation of cells in the intestinal epithelium. Promotes cardiac myocyte enlargement. Can also mediate transcriptional repression. Binds to and may be involved in the transforming capacity of the adenovirus E1A protein. In case of HIV-1 infection, it is recruited by the viral protein Tat. Regulates Tat's transactivating activity and may help inducing chromatin remodeling of proviral genes. Acetylates FOXO1 and enhances its transcriptional activity.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Defects in EP300 may play a role in epithelial cancer.
Note=Chromosomal aberrations involving EP300 may be a cause of acute myeloid leukemias. Translocation t(8;22)(p11;q13) with KAT6A.
Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome 2 (RSTS2) [MIM:613684]: A disorder characterized by craniofacial abnormalities, postnatal growth deficiency, broad thumbs, broad big toes, mental retardation and a propensity for development of malignancies. Some individuals with RSTS2 have less severe mental impairment, more severe microcephaly, and a greater degree of changes in facial bone structure than RSTS1 patients. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 bromo domain.
Contains 1 KIX domain.
Contains 2 TAZ-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 ZZ-type zinc finger.
- DomainThe CRD1 domain (cell cycle regulatory domain 1) mediates transcriptional repression of a subset of p300 responsive genes; it can be de-repressed by CDKN1A/p21WAF1 at least at some promoters. It conatins sumoylation and acetylation sites and the same lysine residues may be targeted for the respective modifications. It is proposed that deacetylation by SIRT1 allows sumoylation leading to suppressed activity.
modificationsAcetylated on Lys at up to 17 positions by intermolecular autocatalysis. Deacetylated in the transcriptional repression domain (CRD1) by SIRT1, preferentially at Lys-1020.
Citrullinated at Arg-2142 by PADI4, which impairs methylation by CARM1 and promotes interaction with NCOA2/GRIP1.
Methylated at Arg-580 and Arg-604 in the KIX domain by CARM1, which blocks association with CREB, inhibits CREB signaling and activates apoptotic response. Also methylated at Arg-2142 by CARM1, which impairs interaction with NCOA2/GRIP1.
Sumoylated; sumoylation in the transcriptional repression domain (CRD1) mediates transcriptional repression. Desumoylated by SENP3 through the removal of SUMO2 and SUMO3.
Probable target of ubiquitination by FBXO3, leading to rapid proteasome-dependent degradation.
Phosphorylated by HIPK2 in a RUNX1-dependent manner. This phosphorylation that activates EP300 happens when RUNX1 is associated with DNA and CBFB. Phosphorylated by ROCK2 and this enhances its activity. Phosphorylation at Ser-89 by AMPK reduces interaction with nuclear receptors, such as PPARG.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. In the presence of ALX1 relocalizes from the cytoplasm to the nucleus. Co-localizes with ROCK2 in the nucleus.
- CREBBP/EP300 inhibitory protein 1 antibodyCREBBP/EP300 inhibitory protein 1 antibodyCyclic AMP responsive enhancer binding protein antibody
- E1A associated protein p300 antibodyE1A binding protein p300 antibodyE1A-associated protein p300 antibodyEC 126.96.36.199 antibodyEP300 antibodyEP300: E1A binding protein p300 antibodyEP300: E1A binding protein p300 antibodyEP300_HUMAN antibodyHistone acetyltransferase p300 antibodyp300 HAT antibodyRB and P300 binding protein EID 1 antibodyRetinoblastoma protein associated protein antibodyRSTS2 antibody
Anti-KAT3B / p300 antibody images
Ab41838 staining human p300 in human breast carcinoma by immunohistochemistry at 1/100 dilution using formalin fixed, paraffin embedded tissue.
References for Anti-KAT3B / p300 antibody (ab41838)
ab41838 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.