Anti-KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab28450)
- Product nameAnti-KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 antibody - ChIP GradeSee all KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 - ChIP Grade
- Specificityab28450 recognises transcription initiation factor TFIID subunit 1 (TAF1).
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ELISA, WB, ChIP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Dog
Synthetic peptide derived from residues 1823 - 1872 (C-terminal) of human TAF1.
- Positive controlDaudi cell lysate, Human kidney tissue.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Polymerase associated factors
- Pol II Transcription
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28450 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 212 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|ChIP||ChIP: Use 5-10 µg for 25 µg of chromatin.|
- FunctionLargest component and core scaffold of the TFIID basal transcription factor complex. Contains novel N- and C-terminal Ser/Thr kinase domains which can autophosphorylate or transphosphorylate other transcription factors. Phosphorylates TP53 on 'Thr-55' which leads to MDM2-mediated degradation of TP53. Phosphorylates GTF2A1 and GTF2F1 on Ser residues. Possesses DNA-binding activity. Essential for progression of the G1 phase of the cell cycle.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TAF1 are the cause of dystonia type 3 (DYT3) [MIM:314250]; also called X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism (XDP). DYT3 is a X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism disorder. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contractions, often leading to abnormal postures. DYT3 is characterized by severe progressive torsion dystonia followed by parkinsonism. Its prevalence is high in the Philippines. DYT3 has a well-defined pathology of extensive neuronal loss and mosaic gliosis in the striatum (caudate nucleus and putamen) which appears to resemble that in Huntington disease.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TAF1 family.
Contains 2 bromo domains.
Contains 1 HMG box DNA-binding domain.
Contains 2 protein kinase domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated by casein kinase II in vitro.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- BA2R antibodyCCG 1 antibodyCCG1 antibody
- CCGS antibodyCell cycle G1 phase defect antibodyCell cycle gene 1 protein antibodyComplementation of cell cycle block G1 to S antibodyDYT3 antibodyDYT3 protein antibodyN TAF1 antibodyNSCL 2 antibodyNSCL2 antibodyOF antibodyp250 antibodyTAF 1 antibodyTAF 2A antibodyTAF(II)250 antibodyTAF1 antibodyTAF1 RNA polymerase II TATA box binding protein (TBP) associated factor 250kDa antibodyTAF1 RNA polymerase II TATA box binding protein (TBP) associated factor antibodyTAF1 RNA polymerase II TATA box binding protein associated factor 250kDa antibodyTAF1_HUMAN antibodyTAF2A antibodyTAFII 250 antibodyTAFII-250 antibodyTAFII250 antibodyTATA box binding protein (TBP) associated factor RNA polymerase II A antibodyTATA box binding protein (TBP) associated factor RNA polymerase II A 250kD antibodyTBP associated factor 250 kDa antibodyTBP-associated factor 250 kDa antibodyTranscription factor TFIID p250 polypeptide antibodyTranscription initiation factor TFIID 250 kDa subunit antibodyTranscription initiation factor TFIID subunit 1 antibodyXDP antibody
Anti-KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 antibody - ChIP Grade images
This image shows human kidney stained with ab28450 at 8µg/ml. Magnification 400x.
Anti-KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab28450) at 0.5 µg/ml + Daudi cell lysate
Predicted band size : 212 kDa
Chromatin was prepared from Hela cells according to the Abcam X-ChIP protocol. Cells were fixed with formaldehyde for 10mins. The ChIP was performed with 25µg of chromatin, 8µg of ab28450 (blue), and 20µl of Protein A/G sepharose beads. No antibody was added to the beads control (yellow). The immunoprecipitated DNA was quantified by real time PCR (Taqman and sybr green approach). Primers and probes for the actively transcribed genes GAPDH and ACT1 are located in the core promoter.
References for Anti-KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab28450)
This product has been referenced in:
- Iwata J et al. Transforming growth factor-beta regulates basal transcriptional regulatory machinery to control cell proliferation and differentiation in cranial neural crest-derived osteoprogenitor cells. J Biol Chem 285:4975-82 (2010). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19959467) »
- van Essen D et al. Two modes of transcriptional activation at native promoters by NF-kappaB p65. PLoS Biol 7:e73 (2009). ChIP ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 19338389) »