Anti-KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 antibody (ab51540)
- Product nameAnti-KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 antibodySee all KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide: EVKDPWNLSNDEYYYPKC, corresponding to amino acids 560-576 of Human TAF1
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 50% Glycerol
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51540 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 231 kDa.|
- FunctionLargest component and core scaffold of the TFIID basal transcription factor complex. Contains novel N- and C-terminal Ser/Thr kinase domains which can autophosphorylate or transphosphorylate other transcription factors. Phosphorylates TP53 on 'Thr-55' which leads to MDM2-mediated degradation of TP53. Phosphorylates GTF2A1 and GTF2F1 on Ser residues. Possesses DNA-binding activity. Essential for progression of the G1 phase of the cell cycle.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TAF1 are the cause of dystonia type 3 (DYT3) [MIM:314250]; also called X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism (XDP). DYT3 is a X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism disorder. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contractions, often leading to abnormal postures. DYT3 is characterized by severe progressive torsion dystonia followed by parkinsonism. Its prevalence is high in the Philippines. DYT3 has a well-defined pathology of extensive neuronal loss and mosaic gliosis in the striatum (caudate nucleus and putamen) which appears to resemble that in Huntington disease.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TAF1 family.
Contains 2 bromo domains.
Contains 1 HMG box DNA-binding domain.
Contains 2 protein kinase domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated by casein kinase II in vitro.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- BA2R antibodyCCG 1 antibodyCCG1 antibody
- CCGS antibodyCell cycle G1 phase defect antibodyCell cycle gene 1 protein antibodyComplementation of cell cycle block G1 to S antibodyDYT3 antibodyDYT3 protein antibodyN TAF1 antibodyNSCL 2 antibodyNSCL2 antibodyOF antibodyP250 antibodyTAF 1 antibodyTAF 2A antibodyTAF(II)250 antibodyTAF1 antibodyTAF1 RNA polymerase II TATA box binding protein (TBP) associated factor 250kDa antibodyTAF1 RNA polymerase II TATA box binding protein (TBP) associated factor antibodyTAF1 RNA polymerase II TATA box binding protein associated factor 250kDa antibodyTAF1_HUMAN antibodyTAF2A antibodyTAFII 250 antibodyTAFII-250 antibodyTAFII250 antibodyTATA box binding protein (TBP) associated factor RNA polymerase II A antibodyTATA box binding protein (TBP) associated factor RNA polymerase II A 250kD antibodyTBP associated factor 250 kDa antibodyTBP-associated factor 250 kDa antibodyTranscription factor TFIID p250 polypeptide antibodyTranscription initiation factor TFIID 250 kDa subunit antibodyTranscription initiation factor TFIID subunit 1 antibodyXDP antibody
References for Anti-KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 antibody (ab51540)
ab51540 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.