Anti-KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 antibody (ab75656)
- Product nameAnti-KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 antibodySee all KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 150 - 250 of Human KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1.
(Peptide available as ab87365.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following cell lysates: HeLa Nuclear Lysate; HepG2 Nuclear Lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75656 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 213 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 213 kDa).Can be blocked with KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 peptide (ab87365).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionLargest component and core scaffold of the TFIID basal transcription factor complex. Contains novel N- and C-terminal Ser/Thr kinase domains which can autophosphorylate or transphosphorylate other transcription factors. Phosphorylates TP53 on 'Thr-55' which leads to MDM2-mediated degradation of TP53. Phosphorylates GTF2A1 and GTF2F1 on Ser residues. Possesses DNA-binding activity. Essential for progression of the G1 phase of the cell cycle.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TAF1 are the cause of dystonia type 3 (DYT3) [MIM:314250]; also called X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism (XDP). DYT3 is a X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism disorder. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contractions, often leading to abnormal postures. DYT3 is characterized by severe progressive torsion dystonia followed by parkinsonism. Its prevalence is high in the Philippines. DYT3 has a well-defined pathology of extensive neuronal loss and mosaic gliosis in the striatum (caudate nucleus and putamen) which appears to resemble that in Huntington disease.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TAF1 family.
Contains 2 bromo domains.
Contains 1 HMG box DNA-binding domain.
Contains 2 protein kinase domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated by casein kinase II in vitro.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- BA2R antibodyCCG 1 antibodyCCG1 antibody
- CCGS antibodyCell cycle G1 phase defect antibodyCell cycle gene 1 protein antibodyComplementation of cell cycle block G1 to S antibodyDYT3 antibodyDYT3 protein antibodyN TAF1 antibodyNSCL 2 antibodyNSCL2 antibodyOF antibodyP250 antibodyTAF 1 antibodyTAF 2A antibodyTAF(II)250 antibodyTAF1 antibodyTAF1 RNA polymerase II TATA box binding protein (TBP) associated factor 250kDa antibodyTAF1 RNA polymerase II TATA box binding protein (TBP) associated factor antibodyTAF1 RNA polymerase II TATA box binding protein associated factor 250kDa antibodyTAF1_HUMAN antibodyTAF2A antibodyTAFII 250 antibodyTAFII-250 antibodyTAFII250 antibodyTATA box binding protein (TBP) associated factor RNA polymerase II A antibodyTATA box binding protein (TBP) associated factor RNA polymerase II A 250kD antibodyTBP associated factor 250 kDa antibodyTBP-associated factor 250 kDa antibodyTranscription factor TFIID p250 polypeptide antibodyTranscription initiation factor TFIID 250 kDa subunit antibodyTranscription initiation factor TFIID subunit 1 antibodyXDP antibody
Anti-KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 antibody (ab75656) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 213 kDa
Observed band size : 213 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab75656 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab75656, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) HepG2 cells at 5µg/ml, and in 100% methanol fixed (5 min) HeLa, Hek293, HepG2 and MCF7 cells at 5µg/ml.
IHC image of KAT4/TBP Associated Factor 1 staining in human breast carcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab75656, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
References for Anti-KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 antibody (ab75656)
ab75656 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.