Anti-KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 antibody (ab85533)
- Product nameAnti-KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 antibodySee all KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Dog
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within the internal sequence amino acids 1800-1849 (MMSYEGDGGE ASHGLEDSNI SYGSYEEPDP KSNTQDTSFS SIGGYEVSEE) of Human KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1, NP_004597.
- Positive controlHuman fetal liver lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85533 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 40, 213 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 213 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
- FunctionLargest component and core scaffold of the TFIID basal transcription factor complex. Contains novel N- and C-terminal Ser/Thr kinase domains which can autophosphorylate or transphosphorylate other transcription factors. Phosphorylates TP53 on 'Thr-55' which leads to MDM2-mediated degradation of TP53. Phosphorylates GTF2A1 and GTF2F1 on Ser residues. Possesses DNA-binding activity. Essential for progression of the G1 phase of the cell cycle.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in TAF1 are the cause of dystonia type 3 (DYT3) [MIM:314250]; also called X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism (XDP). DYT3 is a X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism disorder. Dystonia is defined by the presence of sustained involuntary muscle contractions, often leading to abnormal postures. DYT3 is characterized by severe progressive torsion dystonia followed by parkinsonism. Its prevalence is high in the Philippines. DYT3 has a well-defined pathology of extensive neuronal loss and mosaic gliosis in the striatum (caudate nucleus and putamen) which appears to resemble that in Huntington disease.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TAF1 family.
Contains 2 bromo domains.
Contains 1 HMG box DNA-binding domain.
Contains 2 protein kinase domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated by casein kinase II in vitro.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- BA2R antibodyCCG1 antibodyCCGS antibody
- Cell cycle G1 phase defect antibodyCell cycle gene 1 protein antibodyComplementation of cell cycle block G1 to S antibodyDYT3 antibodyN TAF1 antibodyNSCL2 antibodyOF antibodyP250 antibodyTAF 1 antibodyTAF(II)250 antibodyTAF1 antibodyTAF1 RNA polymerase II TATA box binding protein (TBP) associated factor 250kDa antibodyTAF1_HUMAN antibodyTAF2A antibodyTAFII-250 antibodyTAFII250 antibodyTATA box binding protein (TBP) associated factor RNA polymerase II A 250kD antibodyTBP associated factor 250 kDa antibodyTBP-associated factor 250 kDa antibodyTranscription factor TFIID p250 polypeptide antibodyTranscription initiation factor TFIID 250 kDa subunit antibodyTranscription initiation factor TFIID subunit 1 antibodyXDP antibody
Anti-KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 antibody images
Anti-KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 antibody (ab85533) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + Human fetal liver lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 213 kDa
Observed band size : 213 kDa
Additional bands at : 40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-KAT4 / TBP Associated Factor 1 antibody (ab85533)
ab85533 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.