Anti-KIF14 antibody (ab71155)
- Product nameAnti-KIF14 antibodySee all KIF14 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KIF14
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residue 1600 and the C-terminus (residue 1648) of human KIF14 (NP_055690.1).
- Positive controlWhole cell lysates from Hela cells and 293T cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71155 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 210 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 186 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
- FunctionPlays an essential role in cytokinesis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the kinesin-like protein family.
Contains 1 FHA domain.
Contains 1 kinesin-motor domain.
- Developmental stageUp-regulated in cells progressing through G2/M phase.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle. Nuclear localization observed during interphase in PubMed:16431929 or triggered by entry into mitosis in PubMed:16648480. Cytoplasmic in interphase (PubMed:16648480) and metaphase cells (PubMed:16431929). From prophase to metaphase, accumulates at the developing spindle poles and their associated microtubules. During anaphase, accumulates at the spindle midzone. Localization to the central spindle and midbody during anaphase is dependent upon PRC1 and CIT presence. In cells ready to undergo abscission, concentrates at the contractile ring.
- KIAA0042 antibodyKIF 14 antibodyKIF14 antibody
- KIF14_HUMAN antibodyKinesin Family Member 14 antibodyKinesin like protein KIF14 antibodyKinesin-like protein KIF14 antibodyMGC142302 antibody
Anti-KIF14 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-KIF14 antibody (ab71155) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 50 µg
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 15 µg
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 5 µg
Lane 4 : Whole cell lysate from 293T cells at 50 µg
Predicted band size : 186 kDa
Observed band size : 210 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 180 kDa,190 kDa,60 kDa,75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Immunoprecipitation of HeLa whole cell lysate (1 mg) using ab71155 at 3 µg/mg lysate (lane 1) or control IgG (lane 2). 20% of immunoiprecipitate was analysed by Western blot using ab71155 at 1 µg/ml.
References for Anti-KIF14 antibody (ab71155)
ab71155 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.