Anti-Keap1 antibody (ab118285)
- Product nameAnti-Keap1 antibodySee all Keap1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to Keap1
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow, Dog, Pig, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide: EVTPSQHGNRTFS with a Cysteine residue linker, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 41-53 of Human Keap1 (NP_036421.2).
- Positive controlHeLa and NIH3T3 cell lysates.
- General notesReported variants represent identical protein: NP_036421.2, NP_987096.1.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab118285 is purified from Goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab118285 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.2 - 0.6 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 75 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 3 - 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionRetains NFE2L2/NRF2 in the cytosol. Functions as substrate adapter protein for the E3 ubiquitin ligase complex formed by CUL3 and RBX1. Targets NFE2L2/NRF2 for ubiquitination and degradation by the proteasome, thus resulting in the suppression of its transcriptional activity and the repression of antioxidant response element-mediated detoxifying enzyme gene expression. May also retain BPTF in the cytosol. Targets PGAM5 for ubiquitination and degradation by the proteasome.
- Tissue specificityBroadly expressed, with highest levels in skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 BACK (BTB/Kelch associated) domain.
Contains 1 BTB (POZ) domain.
Contains 6 Kelch repeats.
- DomainThe Kelch repeats mediate interaction with NF2L2/NRF2, BPTF and PGAM5.
modificationsUbiquitinated and subject to proteasomal degradation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Shuttles between cytoplasm and nucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 532791 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 476713 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 9817 Human
- Entrez Gene: 50868 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100173389 Orangutan
- Entrez Gene: 100136900 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 117519 Rat
- Omim: 606016 Human
- SwissProt: Q14145 Human
- SwissProt: Q9Z2X8 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q5R774 Orangutan
- SwissProt: Q684M4 Pig
- SwissProt: P57790 Rat
- Unigene: 465870 Human
- Unigene: 248266 Mouse
- Unigene: 87184 Pig
- Unigene: 23467 Rat
- Cytosolic inhibitor of Nrf2 antibodyINrf 2 antibodyINrf2 antibody
- Keap 1 antibodyKEAP1 antibodyKEAP1_HUMAN antibodyKelch like ECH associated protein 1 antibodyKelch like protein 19 antibodyKelch-like ECH-associated protein 1 antibodyKelch-like protein 19 antibodyKIAA0132 antibodyKLHL 19 antibodyKLHL19 antibodyMGC10630 antibodyMGC1114 antibodyMGC20887 antibodyMGC4407 antibodyMGC9454 antibody
Anti-Keap1 antibody images
Anti-Keap1 antibody (ab118285) at 0.2 µg/ml + NIH3T3 cell lysate (in RIPA buffer) at 35 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 70 kDa
ab118285 (3.8µg/ml) staining of paraffin embedded Human Cerebellum following steamed antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 and AP-staining shows textured cytoplasm staining in Purkinje cell and processes.
References for Anti-Keap1 antibody (ab118285)
ab118285 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.