Anti-Ki67 antibody [B126.1] - Proliferation Marker (ab8191)
- Product nameAnti-Ki67 antibody [B126.1] - Proliferation MarkerSee all Ki67 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [B126.1] to Ki67 - Proliferation Marker
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with an epitope on a nuclear antigen Ki-67, which is expressed in cycling cells (G1, S, G2, Mphases). It is a marker of native Ki-67 and recombinant fragments of Ki-67. The specificity and reactivity of this clone is equal or superior to any other available Ki-67 monoclonal antibody. Another proliferation cell nuclear antibody[PCNA], ab29, produces far superior staining profiles than any of the Ki-67 monoclonals we have tested.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
The recombinant peptide corresponding to a Ki-67 cDNA fragment.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberB126.1
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8191 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol. The antibody gave good results after 5 minutes of heat-mediated retrieval in a microwave oven.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionThought to be required for maintaining cell proliferation.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 FHA domain.
- Developmental stageExpression of this antigen occurs preferentially during late G1, S, G2 and M phases of the cell cycle, while in cells in G0 phase the antigen cannot be detected.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Nucleus > nucleolus. Chromosome. Predominantly localized in the G1 phase in the perinucleolar region, in the later phases it is also detected throughout the nuclear interior, being predominantly localized in the nuclear matrix. In mitosis, it is present on all chromosomes.
- Antigen identified by monoclonal antibody Ki 67 antibodyAntigen KI-67 antibodyAntigen KI67 antibody
- KI67_HUMAN antibodyKIA antibodyMKI67 antibodyProliferation related Ki 67 antigen antibodyRP11-380J17.2 antibody
Anti-Ki67 antibody [B126.1] - Proliferation Marker images
IHC-P image of ab8191 (1/50) staining human melanoma tumour sections. Secondary antibody: rabbit polyclonal to mouse IgG conjugated to HRP (ab6728).
ab8191 at 1/100 staining normal human primary fibroblasts by ICC/IF. The cells were formaldehyde fixed, permeabilized and fixed before incabation with the antibody for 2 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor ® 488 conjugated donkey polycloanl was used as the secondary.
References for Anti-Ki67 antibody [B126.1] - Proliferation Marker (ab8191)
This product has been referenced in:
- Liu C et al. Prickle1 is expressed in distinct cell populations of the central nervous system and contributes to neuronal morphogenesis. Hum Mol Genet N/A:N/A (2013). Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23420014) »
- Liu C et al. Regulation of retinal progenitor expansion by Frizzled receptors: implications for microphthalmia and retinal coloboma. Hum Mol Genet 21:1848-60 (2012). IHC (Methanol fixed) ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22228100) »