Anti-Ku70 antibody (ab2620)
- Product nameAnti-Ku70 antibodySee all Ku70 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Ku70
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant protein encoding a C-terminal fragment of human Ku 70 expressed in E.coli.
- Positive controlHeLa or Raji whole cell or nuclear lysate. Recombinant human Ku 70 can also be used.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2620 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2500. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa).|
- FunctionSingle stranded DNA-dependent ATP-dependent helicase. Has a role in chromosome translocation. The DNA helicase II complex binds preferentially to fork-like ends of double-stranded DNA in a cell cycle-dependent manner. It works in the 3'-5' direction. Binding to DNA may be mediated by XRCC6. Involved in DNA non-homologous end joining (NHEJ) required for double-strand break repair and V(D)J recombination. The XRCC5/6 dimer acts as regulatory subunit of the DNA-dependent protein kinase complex DNA-PK by increasing the affinity of the catalytic subunit PRKDC to DNA by 100-fold. The XRCC5/6 dimer is probably involved in stabilizing broken DNA ends and bringing them together. The assembly of the DNA-PK complex to DNA ends is required for the NHEJ ligation step. Required for osteocalcin gene expression. Probably also acts as a 5'-deoxyribose-5-phosphate lyase (5'-dRP lyase), by catalyzing the beta-elimination of the 5' deoxyribose-5-phosphate at an abasic site near double-strand breaks. 5'-dRP lyase activity allows to 'clean' the termini of abasic sites, a class of nucleotide damage commonly associated with strand breaks, before such broken ends can be joined. The XRCC5/6 dimer together with APEX1 acts as a negative regulator of transcription.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ku70 family.
Contains 1 Ku domain.
Contains 1 SAP domain.
- Developmental stageExpression does not increase during promyelocyte differentiation.
modificationsPhosphorylation by PRKDC may enhance helicase activity. Phosphorylation of Ser-51 does not affect DNA repair.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- 5''-deoxyribose-5-phosphate lyase Ku70 antibody5''-dRP lyase Ku70 antibody70 kDa subunit of Ku antigen antibody
- ATP dependent DNA helicase 2 subunit 1 antibodyATP dependent DNA helicase II 70 kDa subunit antibodyATP-dependent DNA helicase 2 subunit 1 antibodyATP-dependent DNA helicase II 70 kDa subunit antibodyCTC box binding factor 75 kDa subunit antibodyCTC box-binding factor 75 kDa subunit antibodyCTC75 antibodyCTCBF antibodyCTCBF antibodyDNA repair protein XRCC6 antibodyG22P1 antibodyKu 70 antibodyKu autoantigen 70kDa antibodyKu autoantigen p70 subunit antibodyKu autoantigen, 70kDa antibodyKu p70 antibodyKu70 antibodyKu70 DNA binding component of DNA-dependent proteinkinase complex (thyroid autoantigen 70 kDa antibodyKup70 antibodyLupus Ku autoantigen protein p70 antibodyML8 antibodyThyroid autoantigen 70kD (Ku antigen) antibodyThyroid autoantigen antibodyThyroid lupus autoantigen antibodyThyroid lupus autoantigen antibodyThyroid lupus autoantigen p70 antibodyThyroid-lupus autoantigen antibodyTLAA antibodyTLAA antibodyX ray repair complementing defective repair in Chinese hamster cells 6 antibodyX-ray repair complementing defective repair in Chinese hamster cells 6 antibodyX-ray repair cross-complementing protein 6 antibodyXRCC 6 antibodyXRCC6 antibodyXRCC6_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Ku70 antibody images
Predicted band size : 70 kDa
ab2620 at a 1:2500 dilution staining Ku 70 in A) HeLa whole cell extract and B) Raji whole cell extract by Western Blot (ECL).