Anti-L Glutamate antibody (ab9440)
- Product nameAnti-L Glutamate antibodySee all L Glutamate primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to L Glutamate
- SpecificityThe antibody is calibrated against a spectrum of antigens to assure hapten selectivity. No measurable cross-reactivity (<1:1000) was detected against glutamate in peptides or proteins. Fixed tissue cross-reactivity was tested with known targets at the recommended dilution. No measurable glutaraldehyde-fixed tissue cross-reactivity (<1:1000) was detected against L-alanine, gamma-aminobutyrate, D/L-aspartate, agmatine, guanidine, D/L-arginine, L-citrulline, L-cysteine, D/L-glutamine, glutathione, glycine, L-lysine, L-ornithine, L-serine, taurine, L-threonine, L-tryptophan, L-tyrosine. Modest cross-reactivity (1:20) was detected against D-glutamate. Significant cross-reactivity (1:8) was detected against free NAAG in competition assays (NAAG is not retained in aldehyde-fixed tissue).
- Tested applicationsIHC-FoFr, IHC-Fr, ICC, Immunomicroscopy, IHC-P more details
L-glutamate conjugated to glutaraldehyde
- General notesThe product is optimized for HPI/EHPI with gold or fluorescence detection using etched plastic sections. Filter diluted reagents with 0.2 mm syringe filters before use on EM grids. Enzyme-linked visualizations can be used but will compress the signal dynamic range and are less sensitive.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9440 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Use with frozen or vibratome sections is possible but will not yield optimal images as IgGs penetrate aldehyde cross-linked tissue poorly and most amino acids are present at such high levels that prozone effects occur.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||ICC: 1/100. See protocol. OPTIMAL FIXATION: 0.1-2.5% glutaraldehyde,1% formaldehyde using HPI protocol (The antisera targets the glutaraldehyde conjugate of the hapten). All procedures may be carried out at room temperature. MINIMAL GLUTARALDEHYDE: 0.00% using minimum glutaraldehyde Enhanced HPI (EHPI) protocol with 4% formaldehyde.|
|Immunomicroscopy||IM: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceL Glutamate is a non-essential amino acid naturally occurring in the L-form. It is the most common excitatory neurotransmitter in the Central Nervous System.
- Glutamate antibody
- L glutamate antibody
Anti-L Glutamate antibody images
ab9440 staining L Gluramate in Mouse retina tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-Fr - frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with methanol, permeabilized with 0.025% TBS-Triton X-100 and blocked with 5% serum for 1 hour. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in PBS + 1% BSA) for 18 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor® 594-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-L Glutamate antibody (ab9440)
This product has been referenced in:
- Li D et al. Optogenetic activation of LiGluR-expressing astrocytes evokes anion channel-mediated glutamate release. J Physiol 590:855-73 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22219341) »
- Friedrich T et al. Mutation of zebrafish dihydrolipoamide branched-chain transacylase E2 results in motor dysfunction and models maple syrup urine disease. Dis Model Mech 5:248-58 (2012). ICC/IF ; Zebrafish . Read more (PubMed: 22046030) »