L-Lactate Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65331)
- Product nameL-Lactate Assay Kit (Colorimetric)See all L-Lactate kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Sensitivity0.02 mM
- Range0.02 mM - 10 mM
- Assay time0h 40m
- Product overview
In Abcam's L-Lactate Assay Kit (Colorimetric), lactate is oxidized by lactate dehydrogenase to generate a product which interacts with a probe to produce a color (?max = 450 nm). The kit detects L(+)-Lactate in biological samples such as serum or plasma, cells, culture and fermentation media. There is no need for pretreatment or purification of samples.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
L(+)-Lactate is the major stereo-isomer of lactate formed in human intermediary metabolism and is present in blood. D(-)-Lactate is also present but only at about 1-5% of the concentration of L(+)-Lactate.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests L(+)-Lactate Standard (100 nmol/µl) Yellow 1 x 100µl Lactate Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml Lactate Enzyme Mix (lyophilized) Green 1 vial Lactate Substrate Mix Red 1 vial
- Research Areas
- RelevanceLactate (CH3CH(OH)COO-) plays important roles in many biological processes. Abnormal high concentration of lactate has been related to disease states such as diabetes and lactate acidosis, etc. L(+)-Lactate is the major stereoisomer of lactate formed in human intermediary metabolism and is present in blood. The lactate to pyruvate ratio reflects the redox state of the cell and describes the balance beween NAD+ and NADH, which is dependent on the interconversion of lactate and pyruvate via lactate dehydrogenase (LDH).
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65331 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
L-Lactate Assay Kit (Colorimetric) images
Lactate Standard Curve. The assay is performed following the kit (ab65331) protocol.
References for L-Lactate Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65331)
This product has been referenced in:
- Kelly CE et al. Rnf165/Ark2C enhances BMP-Smad signaling to mediate motor axon extension. PLoS Biol 11:e1001538 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23610558) »
- Yang J et al. Human CHCHD4 mitochondrial proteins regulate cellular oxygen consumption rate and metabolism and provide a critical role in hypoxia signaling and tumor progression. J Clin Invest 122:600-11 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22214851) »