Anti-LAMP2 antibody (ab84844)
- Product nameAnti-LAMP2 antibodySee all LAMP2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LAMP2
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Macaque Monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 50 - 150 of Human LAMP2.
(Peptide available as ab98943.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Human lung tissue lysate as well as the following whole cell lysates: HepG2; THP1; HeLa; Jurkat.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84844 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/400. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: 1/250. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 110 kDa).Can be blocked with Human LAMP2 peptide (ab98943).|
- FunctionImplicated in tumor cell metastasis. May function in protection of the lysosomal membrane from autodigestion, maintenance of the acidic environment of the lysosome, adhesion when expressed on the cell surface (plasma membrane), and inter-and intracellular signal transduction. Protects cells from the toxic effects of methylating mutagens.
- Tissue specificityIsoform LAMP-2A is highly expressed in placenta, lung and liver, less in kidney and pancreas, low in brain and skeletal muscle. Isoform LAMP-2B is highly expressed in skeletal muscle, less in brain, placenta, lung, kidney and pancreas, very low in liver.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in LAMP2 are the cause of Danon disease (DAND) [MIM:300257]; also known as glycogen storage disease type 2B (GSD2B). DAND is a lysosomal glycogen storage disease characterized by the clinical triad of cardiomyopathy, vacuolar myopathy and mental retardation. It is often associated with an accumulation of glycogen in muscle and lysosomes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the LAMP family.
modificationsO- and N-glycosylated; some of the 16 N-linked glycans are polylactosaminoglycans.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endosome membrane. Lysosome membrane. This protein shuttles between lysosomes, endosomes, and the plasma membrane.
- CD107 antigen-like family member B antibody
- CD107b antibody
- LAMP 2 antibody
- LAMP 2C antibody
- LAMP-2 antibody
- LAMP2 antibody
- LAMP2_HUMAN antibody
- LAMPB antibody
- LGP110 antibody
- Lysosome associated membrane protein 2 antibody
- Lysosome-associated membrane glycoprotein 2 antibody
- Lysosome-associated membrane protein 2 antibody
- MAC3 antibody
Anti-LAMP2 antibody images
ab84844 staining LAMP2 in post-mortem human tissue. Control case : Tissue from cortical regions from a patient who died without neurodegenerative disorder. PDD Case: Tissue from cortical regions from a patient who died with Parkinson's disease dementia. Tissue samples were fixed with Formaldehyde, permeabilized with Triton-X, and antigen retrieval was heat mediated with citric acid. Samples were blocked in 3% BSA for 1 hour at 21ºC, before incubation with ab84844 at 1/400 for 18 hours at 4°C. A goat-anti-rabbit secondary conjugated to HRP was used at 1/1000.
All lanes : Anti-LAMP2 antibody (ab84844) at 1/250 dilution
Lane 1 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : THP1 (Human acute monocytic leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : Lung (Human) Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 110 kDa
Observed band size : 110 kDa
Additional bands at : 65 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 8 minutesThe predicted molecular weight of LAMP2 is 45 kDa (SwissProt), however we expect to observe a banding pattern at 110 kDa due to the protein being extensively glycosylated with a variety of different N linked and O linked oligosaccharides. Abcam welcomes customer feedback and would appreciate any comments regarding this product and the data presented above.
References for Anti-LAMP2 antibody (ab84844)
ab84844 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.