LDH-Cytotoxicity Assay Kit II (500 assays) (ab65393)
- Product nameLDH-Cytotoxicity Assay Kit II (500 assays)See all Lactate dehydrogenase kits ...
- Tests500 x 1 assay
- Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Assay time1h 00m
- Product overview
Abcam's LDH-Cytotoxicity Assay Kit II utilizes the advanced WST reagent for a fast and more sensitive detection of LDH released from damaged cells. The assay utilizing an enzymatic coupling reaction: LDH oxidizes lactate to generate NADH, which then reacts with WST to generate yellow color. The intensity of the generated color correlates directly with the cell number lysed. Since WST is brighter, less amount of culture medium is required for the assay, and thus the background from serum and culture medium is significantly reduced. Cells can be cultured in regular 10% serum containing medium, no reducing serum or special medium is required for the assay. In addition, since the WST is more stable, the reaction can be read multiple times, and can also be stopped at any time point during the reaction. LDH activity can be easily quantified by spectrophotometer or plate reader at OD450nm. The kit provides all necessary reagents including LDH positive control.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Cell death or cytotoxicity is classically evaluated by the quantification of plasma membrane damage. Lactate dehydragenase (LDH) is a stable enzyme, present in all cell types, and rapidly released into the cell culture medium upon damage of the plasma membrane. LDH, therefore, is the most widely used marker in cytotoxicity study.
If you need to purchase additional Cell Lysis Solution for this product, please see ab128687.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 500 tests Cell Lysis Solution Clear 1 x 6ml LDH (0.1 µg/µl) Red 1 x 20µl LDH Assay Buffer NM 1 x 50ml Stop Solution 1 x 6ml WST Substrate Mix Amber 1 vial
- L lactate dehydrogenase A chainL lactate dehydrogenase B chainLactate dehydrogenase A
- Lactate dehydrogenase BLDHALDHBRenal carcinoma antigen NY REN 46Renal carcinoma antigen NY REN 59
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65393 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
LDH-Cytotoxicity Assay Kit II (500 assays) images
Comparison of WST-1 and INT based assays. 3T3 cells were cultured in a 96-well plate in 100 µl of culture medium. LDH assays were performed using 10 µl of culture medium using WST-1 (Brown bar) and INT (Green bar) methods. The WST-1 based assay is more stable and sensitive than the INT based method.
References for LDH-Cytotoxicity Assay Kit II (500 assays) (ab65393)
This product has been referenced in:
- Beisswenger C et al. Aspergillus fumigatus conidia induce interferon-ß signalling in respiratory epithelial cells. Eur Respir J 39:411-8 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 21778165) »
- Ledford JG et al. Surfactant protein-A suppresses eosinophil-mediated killing of Mycoplasma pneumoniae in allergic lungs. PLoS One 7:e32436 (2012). Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22384248) »