Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody [3G3] (ab119084)
- Product nameAnti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody [3G3]See all LIM Kinase 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3G3] to LIM Kinase 1
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein of Human LIM Kinase 1 produced in HEK293T cells (NP_002305) .
- Positive controlHEK293T cells transfected with LIM Kinase 1, COS7 cells transiently transfected with LIM Kinase 1
- General notesConcentration 0.5~1.0 mg/ml (Lot Dependent)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 48% PBS, 1% BSA, 50% Glycerol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number3G3
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119084 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 73 kDa.|
- FunctionProtein kinase which regulates actin filament dynamics. Phosphorylates and inactivates the actin binding/depolymerizing factor cofilin, thereby stabilizing the actin cytoskeleton. Stimulates axonal outgrowth and may be involved in brain development. Isoform 3 has a dominant negative effect on actin cytoskeletal changes.
- Tissue specificityHighest expression in both adult and fetal nervous system. Detected ubiquitously throughout the different regions of adult brain, with highest levels in the cerebral cortex. Expressed to a lesser extent in heart and skeletal muscle.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=LIMK1 is located in the Williams-Beuren syndrome (WBS) critical region. WBS results from a hemizygous deletion of several genes on chromosome 7q11.23, thought to arise as a consequence of unequal crossing over between highly homologous low-copy repeat sequences flanking the deleted region.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 2 LIM zinc-binding domains.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Phosphorylated on serine and/or threonine residues by ROCK1. May be dephosphorylated and inactivated by SSH1.
Ubiquitinated. 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination by RNF6 leads to proteasomal degradation through the 26S proteasome, modulating LIMK1 levels in the growth cone and its effect on axonal outgrowth. Also polyubiquitinated by RLIM.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell projection > growth cone.
- EC 18.104.22.168 antibodyLIM domain containing protein kinase antibodyLIM domain kinase 1 antibody
- LIM motif containing protein kinase antibodyLIMK 1 antibodyLIMK antibodyLIMK-1 antibodylimk1 antibodyLIMK1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody [3G3] images
All lanes : Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody [3G3] (ab119084) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : HEK293T cell lysate transfected the pCMV6-ENTRY control
Lane 2 : HEK293T cell lysate transfected the pCMV6-ENTRY LIM Kinase 1
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 73 kDa
Immunofluorescent staining of COS7 cells transiently transfected by pCMV6-ENTRY LIM Kinase 1 using ab119084 at a dilution of 1/100.
References for Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody [3G3] (ab119084)
ab119084 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.