Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody [EPR912] (ab108507)
- Product nameAnti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody [EPR912]See all LIM Kinase 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR912] to LIM Kinase 1
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Does not react withRat
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the N terminal region of Human LIM Kinase 1.
- Positive control
- U-87 MG, SH SY5Y and Ramos cell lysates.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR912
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108507 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 73 kDa.|
- FunctionProtein kinase which regulates actin filament dynamics. Phosphorylates and inactivates the actin binding/depolymerizing factor cofilin, thereby stabilizing the actin cytoskeleton. Stimulates axonal outgrowth and may be involved in brain development. Isoform 3 has a dominant negative effect on actin cytoskeletal changes.
- Tissue specificityHighest expression in both adult and fetal nervous system. Detected ubiquitously throughout the different regions of adult brain, with highest levels in the cerebral cortex. Expressed to a lesser extent in heart and skeletal muscle.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=LIMK1 is located in the Williams-Beuren syndrome (WBS) critical region. WBS results from a hemizygous deletion of several genes on chromosome 7q11.23, thought to arise as a consequence of unequal crossing over between highly homologous low-copy repeat sequences flanking the deleted region.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 2 LIM zinc-binding domains.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Phosphorylated on serine and/or threonine residues by ROCK1. May be dephosphorylated and inactivated by SSH1.
Ubiquitinated. 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination by RNF6 leads to proteasomal degradation through the 26S proteasome, modulating LIMK1 levels in the growth cone and its effect on axonal outgrowth. Also polyubiquitinated by RLIM.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell projection > growth cone.
- EC 220.127.116.11 antibody
- LIM domain containing protein kinase antibody
- LIM domain kinase 1 antibody
- LIM motif containing protein kinase antibody
- LIMK 1 antibody
- LIMK antibody
- LIMK-1 antibody
- limk1 antibody
- LIMK1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody [EPR912] images
All lanes : Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody [EPR912] (ab108507) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : U-87 MG cell lysate
Lane 2 : SH SY5Y cell lysate
Lane 3 : Ramos cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 73 kDa
References for Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody [EPR912] (ab108507)
ab108507 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.