Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody (ab10561)
- Product nameAnti-LIM Kinase 1 antibodySee all LIM Kinase 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LIM Kinase 1
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide: ETYRRGESGLPAHPEVPD, corresponding to amino acids 630-647 of Human LIM Kinase.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.88% Sodium chloride
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThis is an affinity purified antibody produced by immunoaffinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide immobilized to a solid phase.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10561 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 75 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 73 kDa).|
- FunctionProtein kinase which regulates actin filament dynamics. Phosphorylates and inactivates the actin binding/depolymerizing factor cofilin, thereby stabilizing the actin cytoskeleton. Stimulates axonal outgrowth and may be involved in brain development. Isoform 3 has a dominant negative effect on actin cytoskeletal changes.
- Tissue specificityHighest expression in both adult and fetal nervous system. Detected ubiquitously throughout the different regions of adult brain, with highest levels in the cerebral cortex. Expressed to a lesser extent in heart and skeletal muscle.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=LIMK1 is located in the Williams-Beuren syndrome (WBS) critical region. WBS results from a hemizygous deletion of several genes on chromosome 7q11.23, thought to arise as a consequence of unequal crossing over between highly homologous low-copy repeat sequences flanking the deleted region.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 2 LIM zinc-binding domains.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Phosphorylated on serine and/or threonine residues by ROCK1. May be dephosphorylated and inactivated by SSH1.
Ubiquitinated. 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination by RNF6 leads to proteasomal degradation through the 26S proteasome, modulating LIMK1 levels in the growth cone and its effect on axonal outgrowth. Also polyubiquitinated by RLIM.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell projection > growth cone.
- EC 126.96.36.199 antibody
- LIM domain containing protein kinase antibody
- LIM domain kinase 1 antibody
- LIM motif containing protein kinase antibody
- LIMK 1 antibody
- LIMK antibody
- LIMK-1 antibody
- limk1 antibody
- LIMK1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody images
Predicted band size : 73 kDa
Rabbit polyclonal to LIM kinase (1/500) - ab10561. 18 ug of mouse brain lysate loaded. Expected mol weight : 73 kD. Bands observed at 75 kD which we believe represents LIM kinase (doublet - may indicate modification such as phosphorylation) and 25 kD (we do not know the identity of this band). Secondary ab - Goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG (HRP) preabsorbed
References for Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody (ab10561)
ab10561 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.