Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody (ab55414)
- Product nameAnti-LIM Kinase 1 antibodySee all LIM Kinase 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal to LIM Kinase 1
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment: ADPDYLPRTM DFGLNVRGFL DRYCPPNCPP SFFPITVRCC DLDPEKRPSF VKLEHWLETL RMHLAGHLPL GPQLEQLDRG FWETYRRGES GLPAHPEVPD , corresponding to amino acids 548-648 of Human LIM Kinase 1
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55414 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: Use at a concentration of 3 µg/ml.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionProtein kinase which regulates actin filament dynamics. Phosphorylates and inactivates the actin binding/depolymerizing factor cofilin, thereby stabilizing the actin cytoskeleton. Stimulates axonal outgrowth and may be involved in brain development. Isoform 3 has a dominant negative effect on actin cytoskeletal changes.
- Tissue specificityHighest expression in both adult and fetal nervous system. Detected ubiquitously throughout the different regions of adult brain, with highest levels in the cerebral cortex. Expressed to a lesser extent in heart and skeletal muscle.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=LIMK1 is located in the Williams-Beuren syndrome (WBS) critical region. WBS results from a hemizygous deletion of several genes on chromosome 7q11.23, thought to arise as a consequence of unequal crossing over between highly homologous low-copy repeat sequences flanking the deleted region.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 2 LIM zinc-binding domains.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Phosphorylated on serine and/or threonine residues by ROCK1. May be dephosphorylated and inactivated by SSH1.
Ubiquitinated. 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination by RNF6 leads to proteasomal degradation through the 26S proteasome, modulating LIMK1 levels in the growth cone and its effect on axonal outgrowth. Also polyubiquitinated by RLIM.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell projection > growth cone.
- EC 188.8.131.52 antibodyLIM domain containing protein kinase antibodyLIM domain kinase 1 antibody
- LIM motif containing protein kinase antibodyLIMK 1 antibodyLIMK antibodyLIMK-1 antibodylimk1 antibodyLIMK1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody images
LIM Kinase 1 antibody (ab55414) used in immunohistochemistry at 3ug/ml on formalin fixed and paraffin embedded human stomach.
Predicted band size : 73 kDa
LIM Kinase 1 antibody (ab55414) at 1ug/lane + HepG2 cell lysate at 25ug/lane.
References for Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody (ab55414)
ab55414 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.