Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody (ab64819)
- Product nameAnti-LIM Kinase 1 antibodySee all LIM Kinase 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LIM Kinase 1
- Specificityab64819 detects endogenous levels of total LIM Kinase 1 protein.
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide derived from internal of human LIM Kinase 1.
- Positive controlMouse brain cell extracts.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab64819 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64819 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 73 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 73 kDa).|
- FunctionProtein kinase which regulates actin filament dynamics. Phosphorylates and inactivates the actin binding/depolymerizing factor cofilin, thereby stabilizing the actin cytoskeleton. Stimulates axonal outgrowth and may be involved in brain development. Isoform 3 has a dominant negative effect on actin cytoskeletal changes.
- Tissue specificityHighest expression in both adult and fetal nervous system. Detected ubiquitously throughout the different regions of adult brain, with highest levels in the cerebral cortex. Expressed to a lesser extent in heart and skeletal muscle.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=LIMK1 is located in the Williams-Beuren syndrome (WBS) critical region. WBS results from a hemizygous deletion of several genes on chromosome 7q11.23, thought to arise as a consequence of unequal crossing over between highly homologous low-copy repeat sequences flanking the deleted region.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 2 LIM zinc-binding domains.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Phosphorylated on serine and/or threonine residues by ROCK1. May be dephosphorylated and inactivated by SSH1.
Ubiquitinated. 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination by RNF6 leads to proteasomal degradation through the 26S proteasome, modulating LIMK1 levels in the growth cone and its effect on axonal outgrowth. Also polyubiquitinated by RLIM.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell projection > growth cone.
- EC 18.104.22.168 antibodyLIM domain containing protein kinase antibodyLIM domain kinase 1 antibody
- LIM motif containing protein kinase antibodyLIMK 1 antibodyLIMK antibodyLIMK-1 antibodylimk1 antibodyLIMK1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody (ab64819) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : mouse brain cell extract
Lane 2 : mouse brain cell extract with immunising peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 73 kDa
Observed band size : 73 kDa
References for Anti-LIM Kinase 1 antibody (ab64819)
ab64819 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.