Anti-LIM Kinase 1 (phospho T508) antibody (ab38508)
- Product nameAnti-LIM Kinase 1 (phospho T508) antibodySee all LIM Kinase 1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LIM Kinase 1 (phospho T508)
- SpecificityThis antibody is specific for LIM Kinase only when phosphorylated at threonine 508. It recognizes both LIMK1 and LIMK2 from human, mouse, and rat.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ELISA, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from Human LIM Kinase around the phosphorylation site of threonine 508.
- Positive control
- IHC-P: Human breast carcinoma tissue slides. WB: COLO and MCF7 cell extracts.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38508 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: 1/100 (pmid 19208621).
IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.
WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 73 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionProtein kinase which regulates actin filament dynamics. Phosphorylates and inactivates the actin binding/depolymerizing factor cofilin, thereby stabilizing the actin cytoskeleton. Stimulates axonal outgrowth and may be involved in brain development. Isoform 3 has a dominant negative effect on actin cytoskeletal changes.
- Tissue specificityHighest expression in both adult and fetal nervous system. Detected ubiquitously throughout the different regions of adult brain, with highest levels in the cerebral cortex. Expressed to a lesser extent in heart and skeletal muscle.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=LIMK1 is located in the Williams-Beuren syndrome (WBS) critical region. WBS results from a hemizygous deletion of several genes on chromosome 7q11.23, thought to arise as a consequence of unequal crossing over between highly homologous low-copy repeat sequences flanking the deleted region.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 2 LIM zinc-binding domains.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Phosphorylated on serine and/or threonine residues by ROCK1. May be dephosphorylated and inactivated by SSH1.
Ubiquitinated. 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination by RNF6 leads to proteasomal degradation through the 26S proteasome, modulating LIMK1 levels in the growth cone and its effect on axonal outgrowth. Also polyubiquitinated by RLIM.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell projection > growth cone.
- EC 18.104.22.168 antibody
- LIM domain containing protein kinase antibody
- LIM domain kinase 1 antibody
- LIM motif containing protein kinase antibody
- LIMK 1 antibody
- LIMK antibody
- LIMK-1 antibody
- limk1 antibody
- LIMK1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-LIM Kinase 1 (phospho T508) antibody images
ab38508 at a 1:50 dilution staining LIM Kinase in Human breast carcinoma tissue using Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin Embedded Tissue.
Left image : untreated.
Right image : treated with phosphopeptide.
All lanes : Anti-LIM Kinase 1 (phospho T508) antibody (ab38508) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extract of COLO cells + peptide.
Lane 2 : Extract of COLO cells.
Lane 3 : Extract of MCF7 cells.
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Alkaline Phosphatase AffiniPure Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L)
Predicted band size : 73 kDa
Observed band size : 65 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab38508 staining LIM Kinase 1 in mouse brain tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
bdKO mice were anesthetized and transcardially perfused with PBS, followed by 4% paraformaldehyde (PFA) prior to brain dissection. Brains were then postfixed in 4% PFA for 2 days, embedded in paraffin and sectioned.
References for Anti-LIM Kinase 1 (phospho T508) antibody (ab38508)
This product has been referenced in:
- Loubet D et al. Neuritogenesis: the prion protein controls ß1 integrin signaling activity. FASEB J 26:678-90 (2012). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22038049) »
- Tondeleir D et al. Cells lacking ß-actin are genetically reprogrammed and maintain conditional migratory capacity. Mol Cell Proteomics 11:255-71 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22448045) »