Anti-LIM kinase 1 + 2 antibody (ab51200)
- Product nameAnti-LIM kinase 1 + 2 antibody
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LIM kinase 1 + 2
- SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of total LIMK1 and LIMK2 proteins. Ab51200 is produced using a phospho peptide immunogen. The phospho-specific antibody is removed by affinity column and pan antibody was purified by non-phospho-peptide columns. This antibody will therefore react with both phosphorylated and non phosphorylated forms of LIMK1 and LIMK2 proteins.
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthesized non-phosphopeptide derived from human LIMK1 and LIMK2 around the phosphorylation site of threonine 508/505 (R-Y-TP-V-V).
- EpitopePhosphorylation site of threonine 508/505 (R-Y-TP-V-V)
- Positive controlHuman breast carcinoma tissue Extracts from cos7 cells
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51200 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 72 , 73 kDa).|
- RelevanceLIMK 1 & 2 likely regulate aspects of the cytoskeleton, through control of the organization of actin filaments. They can phosphorylate an actin-binding protein, cofilin which binds to actin monomers and polymers and promotes the disassembly of actin filament.The phosphorylation of cofilin via LIMK inactivates this potential. LIMK1 is highly active in the brain and spinal chord, where it is believed to be involved in the development of nerve cells whilst LIMK2 is ubiquitously expressed in many adult tissues. LIMK1 may play an important role in areas of the brain that are responsible for processing visual-spatial information (visuospatial constructive cognition). These parts of the brain are important for visualizing an object as a set of parts and performing tasks such as writing, drawing, constructing models, and assembling puzzles. LIMK1 is specifically stimulated by Rac, one of the Rho family proteins, while LIMK2 activity is activated under the control of other Rho family members, Rho and Cdc42, suggesting that two distinct pathways exist in the Rho family driven actin cytoskeleton dynamics.
- Cellular localizationLIMK1 Cytoplasmic LIMK2 Cytoplasmic and Nuclear. Isoform LIMK2a is distributed in the cytoplasm and the nucleus, and isoform LIMK2b occurs mainly in the cytoplasm and is scarcely translocated to the nucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 3984 Human
- Entrez Gene: 3985 Human
- Entrez Gene: 16885 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 16886 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 65172 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 29524 Rat
- Omim: 601329 Human
- Omim: 601988 Human
- SwissProt: P53667 Human
- SwissProt: P53671 Human
- SwissProt: P53668 Mouse
- SwissProt: O54785 Mouse
- SwissProt: P53669 Rat
- SwissProt: P53670 Rat
- LIM domain kinase 1 antibodyLIM domain kinase 2 antibodyLIMK1 antibodyLIMK2 antibody
Anti-LIM kinase 1 + 2 antibody images
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue using ab51200 LIMK1/2 antibody.
All lanes : Anti-LIM kinase 1 + 2 antibody (ab51200)
Lane 1 : Extracts from cos7 cells
Lane 2 : Extracts from cos7 cells with Immunizing peptide
Predicted band size : 72 , 73 kDa
Observed band size : ~70 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-LIM kinase 1 + 2 antibody (ab51200)
ab51200 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.