Anti-LIMK1 antibody (ab81046)
- Product nameAnti-LIMK1 antibodySee all LIMK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LIMK1
- SpecificityThis antibody is specific for Limk1 and does not detect Limk2
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 600 to the C-terminus of Human LIMK1.
(Peptide available as ab90604.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive result in the following lysates: Human brain tissue; Rat cortex tissue lysate; SHSY-5Y; SK N BE.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81046 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 73 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 73 kDa).Can be blocked with LIMK1 peptide (ab90604).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionProtein kinase which regulates actin filament dynamics. Phosphorylates and inactivates the actin binding/depolymerizing factor cofilin, thereby stabilizing the actin cytoskeleton. Stimulates axonal outgrowth and may be involved in brain development. Isoform 3 has a dominant negative effect on actin cytoskeletal changes.
- Tissue specificityHighest expression in both adult and fetal nervous system. Detected ubiquitously throughout the different regions of adult brain, with highest levels in the cerebral cortex. Expressed to a lesser extent in heart and skeletal muscle.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=LIMK1 is located in the Williams-Beuren syndrome (WBS) critical region. WBS results from a hemizygous deletion of several genes on chromosome 7q11.23, thought to arise as a consequence of unequal crossing over between highly homologous low-copy repeat sequences flanking the deleted region.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 2 LIM zinc-binding domains.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Phosphorylated on serine and/or threonine residues by ROCK1. May be dephosphorylated and inactivated by SSH1.
Ubiquitinated. 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination by RNF6 leads to proteasomal degradation through the 26S proteasome, modulating LIMK1 levels in the growth cone and its effect on axonal outgrowth. Also polyubiquitinated by RLIM.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell projection > growth cone.
- EC 18.104.22.168 antibodyLIM domain kinase 1 antibodyLIM motif-containing protein kinase antibody
- LIMK antibodyLIMK-1 antibodylimk1 antibodyLIMK1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-LIMK1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-LIMK1 antibody (ab81046) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Brain (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29466)
Lane 2 : Rat Cortex Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : SHSY-5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : SK N BE (Human neuroblastoma) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 73 kDa
Observed band size : 73 + 75 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 22 kDa,87 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 20 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab81046 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal Goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab81046, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of ab81046 staining in Human Hippocampus formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab81046, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-LIMK1 antibody (ab81046)
ab81046 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.