Anti-LIMK1 antibody (ab95183)
- Product nameAnti-LIMK1 antibodySee all LIMK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LIMK1
- Tested applicationsIP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Gorilla, Orangutan, Bat
A region between residue 250 and 300 of Human LIMK1 (NP_002305.1)
- Positive control
- Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: Tris citrate/phosphate, pH 7-8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab95183 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to LIMK1 immobilized on solid support.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95183 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
- FunctionProtein kinase which regulates actin filament dynamics. Phosphorylates and inactivates the actin binding/depolymerizing factor cofilin, thereby stabilizing the actin cytoskeleton. Stimulates axonal outgrowth and may be involved in brain development. Isoform 3 has a dominant negative effect on actin cytoskeletal changes.
- Tissue specificityHighest expression in both adult and fetal nervous system. Detected ubiquitously throughout the different regions of adult brain, with highest levels in the cerebral cortex. Expressed to a lesser extent in heart and skeletal muscle.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=LIMK1 is located in the Williams-Beuren syndrome (WBS) critical region. WBS results from a hemizygous deletion of several genes on chromosome 7q11.23, thought to arise as a consequence of unequal crossing over between highly homologous low-copy repeat sequences flanking the deleted region.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 2 LIM zinc-binding domains.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Phosphorylated on serine and/or threonine residues by ROCK1. May be dephosphorylated and inactivated by SSH1.
Ubiquitinated. 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination by RNF6 leads to proteasomal degradation through the 26S proteasome, modulating LIMK1 levels in the growth cone and its effect on axonal outgrowth. Also polyubiquitinated by RLIM.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell projection > growth cone.
- EC 22.214.171.124 antibody
- LIM domain kinase 1 antibody
- LIM motif-containing protein kinase antibody
- LIMK antibody
- LIMK-1 antibody
- limk1 antibody
- LIMK1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-LIMK1 antibody images
Detection of Human LIMK1 by Western Blot of Immunoprecipitates. Samples: Whole cell lysate (1 mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded) from HeLa cells. Antibodies: ab95183 was used for IP at 3 ug/mg lysate (lane 1). LIMK1 was also immunoprecipitated by another antibody (lane 2) and control IgG (lane 3). Detection: Chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 5 seconds.
References for Anti-LIMK1 antibody (ab95183)
ab95183 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.