Anti-LIMK1 antibody (ab95186)
- Product nameAnti-LIMK1 antibodySee all LIMK1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LIMK1
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within C terminal amino acids 597-647 of Human LIMK1 (NP_002305.1)
- Positive controlHeLa whole cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab95186 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to LIMK1 immobilized on solid support.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95186 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 73 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
- FunctionProtein kinase which regulates actin filament dynamics. Phosphorylates and inactivates the actin binding/depolymerizing factor cofilin, thereby stabilizing the actin cytoskeleton. Stimulates axonal outgrowth and may be involved in brain development. Isoform 3 has a dominant negative effect on actin cytoskeletal changes.
- Tissue specificityHighest expression in both adult and fetal nervous system. Detected ubiquitously throughout the different regions of adult brain, with highest levels in the cerebral cortex. Expressed to a lesser extent in heart and skeletal muscle.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=LIMK1 is located in the Williams-Beuren syndrome (WBS) critical region. WBS results from a hemizygous deletion of several genes on chromosome 7q11.23, thought to arise as a consequence of unequal crossing over between highly homologous low-copy repeat sequences flanking the deleted region.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 2 LIM zinc-binding domains.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Phosphorylated on serine and/or threonine residues by ROCK1. May be dephosphorylated and inactivated by SSH1.
Ubiquitinated. 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination by RNF6 leads to proteasomal degradation through the 26S proteasome, modulating LIMK1 levels in the growth cone and its effect on axonal outgrowth. Also polyubiquitinated by RLIM.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell projection > growth cone.
- EC 126.96.36.199 antibodyLIM domain kinase 1 antibodyLIM motif-containing protein kinase antibody
- LIMK antibodyLIMK-1 antibodylimk1 antibodyLIMK1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-LIMK1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-LIMK1 antibody (ab95186) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 73 kDa
Exposure time : 30 seconds
ab95186 at 3 µg/mg precipitating LIMK1 from HeLa whole cell lysate.
Lane 1; HeLa whole cell lysate. Lane 2; Control IgG. 1mg of lysate used for IP and 20% of IP loaded.
Detection utilised ab95186 at 0.4 µg/ml followed by ECL with a 5 second exposure.
References for Anti-LIMK1 antibody (ab95186)
ab95186 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.