LIMP II Human ELISA Kit (ab113336)
- Product nameLIMP II Human ELISA Kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
- Range10.24 pg/ml - 2500 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 95.06 74% - 107% Serum 83 74% - 92% Plasma 79.65 71% - 86%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s LIMP II Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human LIMP-II in serum, plasma, cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human LIMP II coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and LIMP II present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human LIMP II antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of LIMP II bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 200X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent C 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human LIMP II 2 vials LIMP II Microplate (12 strips x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human LIMP II Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionAct as a lysosomal receptor for glucosylceramidase (GBA) targeting.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in SCARB2 are the cause of progressive myoclonic epilepsy type 4 with or without renal failure (EPM4) [MIM:254900]. An autosomal recessive progressive myoclonic epilepsy associated with renal failure in some cases. Cognitive function is preserved. Myoclonus is a brief, involuntary twitching of a muscle or a group of muscles. Cognitive function is preserved.
Note=Genetic variants in SCARB2 can act as modifier of the phenotypic expression and severity of Gaucher disease.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CD36 family.
- Cellular localizationLysosome membrane.
- 85 kDa lysosomal membrane sialoglycoprotein
- CD36 antigen-like 2
- LIMP II
- Lysosome membrane protein 2
- Lysosome membrane protein II
- Scavenger receptor class B member 2
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab113336 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for LIMP II Human ELISA Kit (ab113336)
ab113336 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.