Anti-LTBP4 antibody (ab97860)
- Product nameAnti-LTBP4 antibody
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to LTBP4
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Recombinant protein fragment corresponding to a region within amino acids 64 and 256 of LTBP4 (NP_003564).
- Positive controlA549, HeLa, Jurkat or NT2D1 cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 20% Glycerol, 1% BSA, 1X PBS, pH 7
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97860 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 173 kDa.|
- FunctionMay be involved in the assembly, secretion and targeting of TGFB1 to sites at which it is stored and/or activated. May play critical roles in controlling and directing the activity of TGFB1. May have a structural role in the extra cellular matrix (ECM).
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in heart, skeletal muscle, pancreas, uterus, and small intestine. Weakly expressed in placenta and lung.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in LTBP4 are the cause of Urban-Rifkin-Davis syndrome (URDS) [MIM:613177]; also known as Cutis laxa with severe pulmonary gastrointestinal and urinary abnormalities. URDS is a syndrome characterized by disrupted pulmonary, gastrointestinal, urinary, musculoskeletal, craniofacial and dermal development. Clinical features include cutis laxa, mild cardiovascular lesions, respiratory distress with cystic and atelectatic changes in the lungs, and diverticulosis, tortuosity and stenosis at various levels of the intestinal tract. Craniofacial features include microretrognathia, flat midface, receding forehead and wide fontanelles.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the LTBP family.
Contains 16 EGF-like domains.
Contains 4 TB (TGF-beta binding) domains.
- Developmental stageVery low expression in fetal brain, liver, heart, spleen and thymus.
modificationsContains hydroxylated asparagine residues.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- latent transforming growth factor beta binding protein 4 antibodylatent transforming growth factor beta binding protein 4L antibodyLatent-transforming growth factor beta-binding protein 4 antibody
- LTBP 4 antibodyLTBP-4 antibodyLTBP4 antibodyLTBP4_HUMAN antibodyLTBP4L antibodyLTBP4S antibody
Anti-LTBP4 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-LTBP4 antibody (ab97860) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 173 kDa
References for Anti-LTBP4 antibody (ab97860)
ab97860 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.