LY 341495 sodium salt (ab120400)
- Product nameLY 341495 sodium salt
- DescriptionWater-soluble, potent, selective group II antagonist. Group III antagonist at higher concentrations.
- Biological descriptionWater-soluble form of the very selective nanomolar potent antagonist for group II mGlu receptors. Also a relatively potent antagonist for group III mGlu receptors at high nanomolar to low micromolar concentrations. Kd values are 1.67, 0.75, 31.6, 72.7, 14 nM at human mGlu2, mGlu3, mGlu6 , mGlu7a, and human mGlu8a receptors respectively. IC50 values are 7.8, 8.2 and 22 μM for mGlu1a, mGlu5a and mGlu4 receptors. Readily brain penetrant and active in vivo.
- Purity> 98%
- General notes
Sold under license from Eli Lilly and company
- Chemical name(2S)-2-Amino-2-[(1S,2S)-2-carboxycycloprop-1-yl]-3-(xanth-9-yl) propanoic acid sodium salt
- Molecular Weight375.36
- Chemical structure
- Molecular formulaC20H18NNaO5
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C (desiccating conditions).
- Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 10 mM
Providing storage is as stated on the product vial and the vial is kept tightly sealed, the product can be stored for up to 6 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
References for LY 341495 sodium salt (ab120400)
This product has been referenced in:
- Linden AM et al. Use of MGLUR2 and MGLUR3 knockout mice to explore in vivo receptor specificity of the MGLUR2/3 selective antagonist LY341495. Neuropharmacology 57:172-82 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19477188) »
- Wright RA et al. Binding of [3H](2S,1'S,2'S)-2-(9-xanthylmethyl)-2-(2'-carboxycyclopropyl) glycine ([3H]LY341495) to cell membranes expressing recombinant human group III metabotropic glutamate receptor subtypes. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 362:546-54 (2000). Read more (PubMed: 11138847) »
- Johnson BG et al. [3H]-LY341495 as a novel antagonist radioligand for group II metabotropic glutamate (mGlu) receptors: characterization of binding to membranes of mGlu receptor subtype expressing cells. Neuropharmacology 38:1519-29 (1999). Read more (PubMed: 10530814) »
- Kingston AE et al. LY341495 is a nanomolar potent and selective antagonist of group II metabotropic glutamate receptors. Neuropharmacology 37:1-12 (1998). Read more (PubMed: 9680254) »