Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH) Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab102526)
- Product nameLactate Dehydrogenase (LDH) Assay Kit (Colorimetric)See all Lactate dehydrogenase kits ...
- Tests500 x 1 assay
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeQuantitative
- Sensitivity> 1 mU/ml
- Range1 mU/ml - 100 mU/ml
- Assay time0h 30m
- Product overview
In Abcam's LDH Assay Kit (Colorimetric), LDH reduces NAD to NADH, which then interacts with a specific probe to produce a color (λmax = 450 nm). The kit quantifies LDH activity in variety of biological samples such as in serum or plasma, cells, culture medium and fermentation, etc. The assay is quick, convenient, and sensitive.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
As LDH is a fairly stable enzyme, LDH has been widely used to evaluate the presence of damage and toxicity of tissue and cells. Quantification of LDH has broad range of applications. The kit can detect 1-100 mU/ml of LDH directly in samples.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 500 tests LDH Assay Buffer NM 1 x 50ml LDH Positive Control Red 1 x 20µl LDH Substrate Mix Amber 1 vial NADH Standard Yellow 1 vial
- RelevanceLactate dehydrogenase (LDH) is an oxidoreductase which catalyses the interconversion of pyruvate and lactate with concomitant interconversion of NADH and NAD+. As it can also catalyze the oxidation of hydroxybutyrate, it is occasionally called Hydroxybutyrate Dehydrogenase (HBD). There are 5 different isoenzymes of LDH, LDH1 to LDH5, each composed of 4 subunits which may be of 2 different types - M and H subunits. These subunits are encoded by two different genes: The M subunit is encoded by gene LDHA whilst the H subunit is encoded by LDHB. Usually LDH2 is the predominant form in the serum. An LDH1 level higher than the LDH2 level suggests myocardial infarction (damage to heart tissues releases heart LDH, which is rich in LDH1, into the bloodstream).
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
- L lactate dehydrogenase A chain
- L lactate dehydrogenase B chain
- Lactate dehydrogenase A
- Lactate dehydrogenase B
- Renal carcinoma antigen NY REN 46
- Renal carcinoma antigen NY REN 59
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab102526 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH) Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab102526)
This product has been referenced in:
- Allam AB et al. Disruption of the S41 peptidase gene in mycoplasma mycoides capri impacts proteome profile, H(2)O(2) production, and sensitivity to heat shock. PLoS One 7:e51345 (2012). Functional Studies . Read more (PubMed: 23300541) »