Anti-Lamin B1 antibody [mAbcam 28129] (ab28129)
- Product nameAnti-Lamin B1 antibody [mAbcam 28129]See all Lamin B1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [mAbcam 28129] to Lamin B1
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 400 - 500 of Human Lamin B1.
(Peptide available as ab16375.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numbermAbcam 28129
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28129 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa).Can be blocked with Lamin B1 peptide (ab16375).|
- FunctionLamins are components of the nuclear lamina, a fibrous layer on the nucleoplasmic side of the inner nuclear membrane, which is thought to provide a framework for the nuclear envelope and may also interact with chromatin.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in LMNB1 are the cause of leukodystrophy demyelinating autosomal dominant adult-onset (ADLD) [MIM:169500]. ADLD is a slowly progressive and fatal demyelinating leukodystrophy, presenting in the fourth or fifth decade of life. Clinically characterized by early autonomic abnormalities, pyramidal and cerebellar dysfunction, and symmetric demyelination of the CNS. It differs from multiple sclerosis and other demyelinating disorders in that neuropathology shows preservation of oligodendroglia in the presence of subtotal demyelination and lack of astrogliosis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsB-type lamins undergo a series of modifications, such as farnesylation and phosphorylation. Increased phosphorylation of the lamins occurs before envelope disintegration and probably plays a role in regulating lamin associations.
- Cellular localizationNucleus inner membrane.
- Entrez Gene: 396223 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 540643 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 4001 Human
- Entrez Gene: 16906 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 116685 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 195816 Zebrafish
- Omim: 150340 Human
- SwissProt: P14731 Chicken
- SwissProt: P20700 Human
- SwissProt: P14733 Mouse
- SwissProt: P70615 Rat
- Unigene: 89497 Human
- Unigene: 4105 Mouse
- Unigene: 11362 Rat
- ADLD antibodylamin B1 antibodyLamin-B1 antibody
- LMB1 antibodyLMN antibodyLMN2 antibodyLMNB 1 antibodyLMNB antibodyLMNB1 antibodyLMNB1_HUMAN antibodyMGC111419 antibodyOTTHUMP00000159218 antibody
Anti-Lamin B1 antibody [mAbcam 28129] images
Anti-Lamin B1 antibody [mAbcam 28129] (ab28129) at 5 µg/ml + Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Rabbit polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 70 kDa
Observed band size : 70 kDa
References for Anti-Lamin B1 antibody [mAbcam 28129] (ab28129)
ab28129 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.