Leptin Human ELISA Kit (ab108879)
- Product nameLeptin Human ELISA KitSee all Leptin kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.7% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 7%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity= 0.12 ng/ml
- Range0.125 ng/ml - 32 ng/ml
= 99 %
- Assay time5h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Leptin Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Leptin concentrations in Human cell culture supernatants, serum and plasma.
A Leptin specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a Leptin specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Leptin captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 50X Biotinylated Human Leptin Antibody 1 x 140µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Leptin Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Leptin Standard 2 vials Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionMay function as part of a signaling pathway that acts to regulate the size of the body fat depot. An increase in the level of LEP may act directly or indirectly on the CNS to inhibit food intake and/or regulate energy expenditure as part of a homeostatic mechanism to maintain constancy of the adipose mass.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in LEP may be a cause of obesity (OBESITY) [MIM:601665]. It is a condition characterized by an increase of body weight beyond the limitation of skeletal and physical requirements, as the result of excessive accumulation of body fat.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the leptin family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Leptin Murine Obesity Homolog
- Leptin Precursor Obesity Factor
- Obese protein
- Obesity factor
- Obesity homolog mouse
- Obesity murine homolog leptin
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108879 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Leptin Human ELISA Kit (ab108879)
ab108879 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.