Anti-Leptin antibody [BDI170] (ab20101)
- Product nameAnti-Leptin antibody [BDI170]See all Leptin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [BDI170] to Leptin
- SpecificityBinds to the carboxyl terminal region of the protein and to the intact leptin. Does not cross react with Epidermal Growth Factor (Human), Insulin (Human), Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (Human), Insulin-like Growth Factor 2 (Rat), Parathyroid hormone (Human), Transforming Growth Factor-alpha (Human).
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA, ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment: LGGVLEASGY STEVV, corresponding to amino acids 131-145 of Human Leptin.
- Positive control
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Human Leptin full length protein
- Human adipocytes.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberBDI170
- Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20101 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA: 1/200. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit polyclonal to Leptin (ab7208).
For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Capture with ab7208 as Detection.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: 1/4000. Detects a band of approximately 16 kDa. Dilution optimised using Chromogenic detection.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionMay function as part of a signaling pathway that acts to regulate the size of the body fat depot. An increase in the level of LEP may act directly or indirectly on the CNS to inhibit food intake and/or regulate energy expenditure as part of a homeostatic mechanism to maintain constancy of the adipose mass.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in LEP may be a cause of obesity (OBESITY) [MIM:601665]. It is a condition characterized by an increase of body weight beyond the limitation of skeletal and physical requirements, as the result of excessive accumulation of body fat.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the leptin family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- FLJ94114 antibody
- LEP antibody
- LEP_HUMAN antibody
- LEPD antibody
- Leptin (murine obesity homolog) antibody
- Leptin (obesity homolog, mouse) antibody
- Leptin antibody
- Leptin Murine Obesity Homolog antibody
- Leptin Precursor Obesity Factor antibody
- OB antibody
- Obese Protein antibody
- Obese, mouse, homolog of antibody
- Obesity antibody
- Obesity factor antibody
- Obesity factor antibody
- Obesity homolog mouse antibody
- Obesity Murine Homolog Leptin antibody
- OBS antibody
- OTTHUMP00000212285 antibody
Anti-Leptin antibody [BDI170] images
Standard curve for Leptin (Analyte: ab51273); dilution range 1pg/ml to 1µg/ml using Capture Antibody Mouse monoclonal [BDI170] to Leptin (ab20101) at 1/200 dilution and Detector Antibody Rabbit polyclonal to Leptin (ab7208) at 0.5µg/ml. Concentration of Mouse monoclonal [BDI170] to Leptin (ab20101) may vary from lot to lot; please use this curve as guideline.
References for Anti-Leptin antibody [BDI170] (ab20101)
ab20101 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.