Lipocalin 2 (NGAL) Human ELISA Kit (ab113326)
- Product nameLipocalin 2 (NGAL) Human ELISA KitSee all Lipocalin-2 / NGAL kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 4 pg/ml
- Range4.1 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 75.47 69% - 88% Serum 103.9 94% - 112% Plasma 109.3 96% - 130%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Lipocalin 2 Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human Lipocalin 2 in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human Lipocalin 2 coated on a 96- well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and Lipocalin 2 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human Lipocalin 2 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of Lipocalin 2 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml 600X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl Biotinylated anti-Human Lipocalin 2 2 vials Lipocalin 2 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human Lipocalin 2 Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- FunctionIron-trafficking protein involved in multiple processes such as apoptosis, innate immunity and renal development. Binds iron through association with 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid (2,5-DHBA), a siderophore that shares structural similarities with bacterial enterobactin, and delivers or removes iron from the cell, depending on the context. Iron-bound form (holo-24p3) is internalized following binding to the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor, leading to release of iron and subsequent increase of intracellular iron concentration. In contrast, association of the iron-free form (apo-24p3) with the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor is followed by association with an intracellular siderophore, iron chelation and iron transfer to the extracellular medium, thereby reducing intracellular iron concentration. Involved in apoptosis due to interleukin-3 (IL3) deprivation: iron-loaded form increases intracellular iron concentration without promoting apoptosis, while iron-free form decreases intracellular iron levels, inducing expression of the proapoptotic protein BCL2L11/BIM, resulting in apoptosis. Involved in innate immunity, possibly by sequestrating iron, leading to limit bacterial growth.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in bone marrow and in tissues that are prone to exposure to microorganism. High expression is found in bone marrow as well as in uterus, prostate, salivary gland, stomach, appendix, colon, trachea and lung. Not found in the small intestine or peripheral blood leukocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calycin superfamily. Lipocalin family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Upon binding to the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor, it is internalized.
- 25 kDa alpha 2 microglobulin related subunit of MMP9
- 25 kDa alpha-2-microglobulin-related subunit of MMP-9
- Alpha 2 microglobulin related protein
- Lcn 2
- Lipocalin 2
- Migration stimulating factor inhibitor
- Neutrophil gelatinase associated lipocalin
- Neutrophil gelatinase associated lipocalin precursor
- Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin
- Oncogene 24p3
- SV40 induced 24P3 protein
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab113326 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Lipocalin 2 (NGAL) Human ELISA Kit (ab113326)
ab113326 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.