Anti-Lipocalin 2 antibody [5G5] (ab23477)
- Product nameAnti-Lipocalin 2 antibody [5G5]See all Lipocalin 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5G5] to Lipocalin 2
- Specificityab23477 is specific for Lipocalin 2, native and denatured forms.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ELISA, IHC-FoFr, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native human neutrophil gelatinase associated lipocalin isolated from neutrophils.
- Positive controlCapa-2, BxPC-3, ASPC1 cell line
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5M Sodium chloride, 0.01M PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number5G5
- Light chain typekappa
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Fatty acids
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23477 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/10. PubMed: 18317594|
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 25-35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa). Non reducing conditions will give multiple bands of 35, 70 and 55 kDa. Do not use serum for blocking as serum will contain Lipocalin 2|
- FunctionIron-trafficking protein involved in multiple processes such as apoptosis, innate immunity and renal development. Binds iron through association with 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid (2,5-DHBA), a siderophore that shares structural similarities with bacterial enterobactin, and delivers or removes iron from the cell, depending on the context. Iron-bound form (holo-24p3) is internalized following binding to the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor, leading to release of iron and subsequent increase of intracellular iron concentration. In contrast, association of the iron-free form (apo-24p3) with the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor is followed by association with an intracellular siderophore, iron chelation and iron transfer to the extracellular medium, thereby reducing intracellular iron concentration. Involved in apoptosis due to interleukin-3 (IL3) deprivation: iron-loaded form increases intracellular iron concentration without promoting apoptosis, while iron-free form decreases intracellular iron levels, inducing expression of the proapoptotic protein BCL2L11/BIM, resulting in apoptosis. Involved in innate immunity, possibly by sequestrating iron, leading to limit bacterial growth.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in bone marrow and in tissues that are prone to exposure to microorganism. High expression is found in bone marrow as well as in uterus, prostate, salivary gland, stomach, appendix, colon, trachea and lung. Not found in the small intestine or peripheral blood leukocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calycin superfamily. Lipocalin family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. Upon binding to the SLC22A17 (24p3R) receptor, it is internalized.
- 24p3 antibody25 kDa alpha 2 microglobulin related subunit of MMP9 antibody25 kDa alpha-2-microglobulin-related subunit of MMP-9 antibody
- Alpha 2 microglobulin related protein antibodyHGNC:6526 antibodyHNL antibodyLcn 2 antibodyLcn2 antibodyLipocalin-2 antibodyMigration stimulating factor inhibitor antibodyMSFI antibodyNeutrophil gelatinase associated lipocalin antibodyNeutrophil gelatinase associated lipocalin precursor antibodyNeutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin antibodyNGAL antibodyNGAL_HUMAN antibodyOncogene 24p3 antibodyP25 antibodySiderocalin antibodySV40 induced 24P3 protein antibody
Anti-Lipocalin 2 antibody [5G5] images
ab23477 staining human skin tissue sections by IHC-P. Sections were fixed in 10% neutral buffered formalin and subjected to heat mediated antigen retrieval prior to blocking with 1% BSA for 1 hour at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/50 and incubated with the sample for 20 hours at 4°C. A biotinylated horse anti-mouse antibody diluted 1/200 was used as the secondary.
References for Anti-Lipocalin 2 antibody [5G5] (ab23477)
This product has been referenced in:
- Melino M et al. Macrophage secretory products induce an inflammatory phenotype in hepatocytes. World J Gastroenterol 18:1732-44 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 22553397) »
- Tong Z et al. Epidermal growth factor down-regulates the expression of neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) through E-cadherin in pancreatic cancer cells. Cancer : (2010). WB . Read more (PubMed: 21192057) »