Anti-Lyn antibody (ab95872)
- Product nameAnti-Lyn antibodySee all Lyn primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Lyn
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
A region between residue 1 and 50 of human Lyn (NP_002341.1)
- Positive controlRamos (Human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line), 293T lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: Tris citrate/phosphate, pH 7-8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab95872 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to LYN immobilized on solid support.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab95872 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 59 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use at 5-15 µg/mg of lysate.|
- FunctionDown regulates expression of stem cell growth factor receptor (KIT). Acts as an effector of EpoR (erythropoietin receptor) in controlling KIT expression and may play a central role in erythroid differentiation during the switch between proliferation and maturation (By similarity). Acts as a positive regulator of cell movement while negatively regulating adhesion to stromal cells by inhibiting the ICAM-1-binding activity of beta-2 integrins. Acts as the mediator that relays suppressing signals from the chemokine receptor CXCR4 to beta-2 integrin LFA-1 in hematopoietic precursors. Involved in induction of stress-activated protein kinase (SAPK), but not ERK or p38 MAPK, in response to genotoxic agents. Induces SAPK by a MKK7- and MEKK1-dependent mechanism. The LYN -> MEKK1 -> MKK7 -> SAPK pathway is functional in the induction of apoptosis by genotoxic agents.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed in a variety of organs, tissues, and cell types such as epidermoid, hematopoietic, and neuronal cells. Expressed in primary neuroblastoma tumors.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. SRC subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
- DomainThe protein kinase domain plays an important role in its localization in the cell membrane.
modificationsUbiquitinated. Ubiquitination is SH3-dependent.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Golgi apparatus. Accumulates in the nucleus by inhibition of CRM1-mediated nuclear export. Nuclear accumulation is increased by inhibition of its kinase activity. The trafficking from the Golgi apparatus to the plasma membrane occurs in a kinase domain-dependent but kinase activity independent manner and is mediated by exocytic vesicular transport.
- AA407514 antibodyEC 220.127.116.11 antibodyFLJ26625 antibody
- Hck 2 antibodyJTK 8 antibodyJTK8 antibodyLck/Yes related novel protein tyrosine kinase antibodyLYN antibodyLYN_HUMAN antibodyONCOGENE LYN antibodyp53Lyn antibodyp56Lyn antibodyTyrosine protein kinase LYN antibodyTyrosine-protein kinase Lyn antibodyV yes 1 Yamaguchi sarcoma viral related oncogene homolog antibodyYamaguchi sarcoma viral (v yes 1) related oncogene homolog antibody
Anti-Lyn antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Lyn antibody (ab95872) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Ramos cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : Ramos cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : Ramos cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size : 59 kDa
Western Blot detection of human Lyn precipitated from Ramos cell lysate using ab95872 at 10µg/mg (1mg/IP; 20% of IP loaded/lane): (1) ab95872 at 1µg/ml; (2) control IgG
Detection: Chemiluminescence with exposure time of 10 seconds.
References for Anti-Lyn antibody (ab95872)
ab95872 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.