Anti-Lys 20p + 21p antibody [31F5] (ab4574)
- Product nameAnti-Lys 20p + 21p antibody [31F5]
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [31F5] to Lys 20p + 21p
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
This was raised against a yeast nucleolar prep, and screened by immunocytochemistry and western blotting. Nucleolar prep contains Lys20p protein (as well as Nop1p/fibrillarin).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 10mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: Raw Ascites
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesSterile filtered.
- Primary antibody notes Lys20p and Lys21p are isozymes of yeast homocitrate synthase. They are the products of two distinct genes producing proteins of molecular weight 47.1 kDa in the case of Lys20p and 48.6kDa for Lys21p. However Lys20p and Lys21p are ~90% identical at the amino acid level and MCA-31F5 detects both proteins, revealing a doublet of stained bands on blots.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number31F5
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4574 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/10000 - 1/50000 (yeast protein samples, ECL detection). Detects bands of approximately 47.1 kDa Lys 20p and 48.6 kDa Lys 21p. For non-ECL detection, 1/1000 - 1/5000.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Anti-Lys 20p + 21p antibody [31F5] (ab4574)
This product has been referenced in:
- DeLuna A et al. Need-based up-regulation of protein levels in response to deletion of their duplicate genes. PLoS Biol 8:e1000347 (2010). WB ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae . Read more (PubMed: 20361019) »