Anti-Lysozyme antibody - Lysosome Marker (ab2408)
- Product nameAnti-Lysozyme antibody - Lysosome MarkerSee all Lysozyme primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Lysozyme - Lysosome Marker
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with lysozyme. It stains granulocytes, monocytes and macrophages in human tonsil, skin and colon. This antibody does not cross-react with any other cell types.
- Tested applicationsIP, WB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Lysozyme isolated from urine of patients with monocytic leukemia.
- Positive controlIn Western Blot, this antibody gave a positive signal in HL60 Whole Cell Lysate and in Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Light chain typeunknown
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2408 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 15 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionLysozymes have primarily a bacteriolytic function; those in tissues and body fluids are associated with the monocyte-macrophage system and enhance the activity of immunoagents.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in LYZ are a cause of amyloidosis type 8 (AMYL8) [MIM:105200]; also known as systemic non-neuropathic amyloidosis or Ostertag-type amyloidosis. AMYL8 is a hereditary generalized amyloidosis due to deposition of apolipoprotein A1, fibrinogen and lysozyme amyloids. Viscera are particularly affected. There is no involvement of the nervous system. Clinical features include renal amyloidosis resulting in nephrotic syndrome, arterial hypertension, hepatosplenomegaly, cholestasis, petechial skin rash.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycosyl hydrolase 22 family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- 1 4 beta n acetylmuramidase c antibody1 antibody4-beta-N-acetylmuramidase C antibody
- EC 18.104.22.168 antibodyLYSC_HUMAN antibodyLysosyme antibodyLysozyme (renal amyloidosis) antibodyLysozyme C antibodyLysozyme C precursor antibodyLyz antibodyLZM antibodyRenal amyloidosis antibody
Anti-Lysozyme antibody - Lysosome Marker images
Lysozyme was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg HL60 whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to Lysozyme and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, HL60 whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70°C; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab2408.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 16kDa; Lysozyme
Ab2408 staining lysozyme in human colon. Staining is localised to cytoplasm.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 2 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus), at room temperature: sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
All lanes : Anti-Lysozyme antibody - Lysosome Marker (ab2408) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HL60 (Human promyelocytic leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 :
Spleen (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29699)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 17 kDa
Observed band size : 15 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 8 minutes
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human tonsil tissue, staining Lysozyme with ab2408.
References for Anti-Lysozyme antibody - Lysosome Marker (ab2408)
ab2408 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.