Anti-M Cadherin antibody (ab87374)
- Product nameAnti-M Cadherin antibodySee all M Cadherin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to M Cadherin
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow, Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 50 - 150 of Human M Cadherin.
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in Mouse brain cerebellum tissue lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87374 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 89 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 89 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
- RelevanceCadherins are a family of transmembrane glycoproteins that play a key role in Calcium dependent cell-cell adhesion. Several members of the cadherin family have been identified so far, including E- (epithelial), P- (placental), N- (neuronal) and M- (muscle) cadherin. Cadherins consist of an extracellular domain containing 5 cadherin domains, a transmembrane region, and a conserved cytoplasmic domain. Transcripts from this particular cadherin are expressed in myoblasts and upregulated in myotubule-forming cells. M-Cadherin is thought to be essential for the control of morphogenetic processes, specifically myogenesis, and may provide a trigger for terminal muscle cell differentiation.
- Cellular localizationType 1 membrane protein.
- Cadherin 14 antibodyCadherin 15 antibodyCadherin 3 antibody
- Cadherin14 antibodyCadherin15 antibodyCadherin3 antibodyCCAD antibodyCDH 14 antibodyCDH 15 antibodyCDH 3 antibodyCDH14 antibodyCDH15 antibodyCDH3 antibodyCDHM antibodyMCAD antibodyMRD3 antibodyMuscle cadherin antibodyMyotubule cadherin antibody
Anti-M Cadherin antibody images
Anti-M Cadherin antibody (ab87374) at 1 µg/ml + Cerebellum Mouse Tissue Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 89 kDa
Observed band size : 89 kDa
Exposure time : 5 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab87374 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab87374 at 10µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti- rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-M Cadherin antibody (ab87374)
ab87374 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.