Anti-ETFA antibody [2B11AE8] (ab110316)
- Product nameAnti-ETFA antibody [2B11AE8]See all ETFA primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2B11AE8] to ETFA
- Tested applicationsIP, WB, ICC/IF, In-Cell ELISA, Flow Cyt, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Human recombinant full length protein ETFA
- Positive controlHeLa cells Human heart tissue HepG2 whole cells Human liver mitochondria Bovine heart mitochondria Rat liver mitochondria Mouse liver mitochondria
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- Purity>95% by SDS-PAGE
- Purification notesThe antibody was produced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number2B11AE8
- Light chain typekappa
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110316 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 35 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml.|
|In-Cell ELISA||In-Cell ELISA: Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionThe electron transfer flavoprotein serves as a specific electron acceptor for several dehydrogenases, including five acyl-CoA dehydrogenases, glutaryl-CoA and sarcosine dehydrogenase. It transfers the electrons to the main mitochondrial respiratory chain via ETF-ubiquinone oxidoreductase (ETF dehydrogenase).
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in ETFA are the cause of glutaric aciduria type 2A (GA2A) [MIM:231680]; also known as glutaricaciduria IIA. GA2A is an autosomal recessively inherited disorder of fatty acid, amino acid, and choline metabolism. It is characterized by multiple acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiencies resulting in large excretion not only of glutaric acid, but also of lactic, ethylmalonic, butyric, isobutyric, 2-methyl-butyric, and isovaleric acids.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ETF alpha-subunit/FixB family.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
- Cellular localizationMitochondrion matrix.
- Alpha ETF antibodyAlpha-ETF antibodyElectron transfer flavoprotein alpha polypeptide antibody
- Electron transfer flavoprotein alpha subunit antibodyElectron transfer flavoprotein subunit alpha mitochondrial antibodyElectron transfer flavoprotein subunit alpha, mitochondrial antibodyElectron transferring flavoprotein alpha polypeptide antibodyEMA antibodyETFA antibodyETFA_HUMAN antibodyGA2 antibodyGlutaric aciduria II antibody
Anti-ETFA antibody [2B11AE8] images
Immunocytochemistry image of stained HeLa cells. The cells were paraformaldehyde fixed (4%, 20 minutes) and Triton X-100 permeabilized (0.1%, 15 minutes). The cells were incubated with the antibody (ab110316, 4 µg/mL) for 2 hours at room temperature or over night at 4°C. The secondary antibody was (red) Alexa Fluor® 594 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) at a 1/1000 dilution for 1 hour. 10% Goat serum was used as the blocking agent for all blocking steps. The target protein locates to the mitochondrial matrix
All lanes : Anti-ETFA antibody [2B11AE8] (ab110316) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human heart tissue
Lane 2 : HepG2 whole cells
Lane 3 : Human liver mitochondria
Lane 4 : Bovine heart mitochondria
Lane 5 : Rat liver mitochondria
Lane 6 : Mouse liver mitochondria
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 35 kDa
HL-60 cells were stained with 1 µg/mL ab110316 (blue) or an equal amount of an isotype control antibody (red) and analyzed by flow cytometry.
IHC image of ETFA staining in Human heart formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab110316, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-ETFA antibody [2B11AE8] (ab110316)
ab110316 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.