Anti-MADH7 antibody (ab55493)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55493 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionAntagonist of signaling by TGF-beta (transforming growth factor) type 1 receptor superfamily members; has been shown to inhibit TGF-beta (Transforming growth factor) and activin signaling by associating with their receptors thus preventing SMAD2 access. Functions as an adapter to recruit SMURF2 to the TGF-beta receptor complex. Also acts by recruiting the PPP1R15A-PP1 complex to TGFBR1, which promotes its dephosphorylation.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous with higher expression in the lung and vascular endothelium.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in SMAD7 influence susceptibility to colorectal cancer type 3 (CRCS3) [MIM:612229]. Colorectal cancer consists of tumors or cancer of either the colon or rectum or both. Cancers of the large intestine are the second most common form of cancer found in males and females. Symptoms include rectal bleeding, occult blood in stools, bowel obstruction and weight loss. Treatment is based largely on the extent of cancer penetration into the intestinal wall. Surgical cures are possible if the malignancy is confined to the intestine. Risk can be reduced when following a diet which is low in fat and high in fiber.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the dwarfin/SMAD family.
Contains 1 MH1 (MAD homology 1) domain.
Contains 1 MH2 (MAD homology 2) domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Ser-249 does not affect its stability, nuclear localization or inhibitory function in TGFB signaling; however it affects its ability to regulate transcription.
Ubiquitinated by WWP1 (By similarity). Polyubiquitinated by RNF111, which is enhanced by AXIN1 and promotes proteasomal degradation. In response to TGF-beta, ubiquitinated by SMURF1; which promotes its degradation.
Acetylation prevents ubiquitination and degradation mediated by SMURF1.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Interaction with NEDD4L or RNF111 induces translocation from the nucleus to the cytoplasm.
- FLJ16482 antibody
- hSMAD 7 antibody
- hSMAD7 antibody
- MAD (mothers against decapentaplegic Drosophila) homolog 7 antibody
- MAD antibody
- Mad homolog 7 antibody
- MAD homolog 8 antibody
- MAD mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 7 antibody
- MADH 7 antibody
- MADH 8 antibody
- MADH6 antibody
- MADH8 antibody
- Mothers Against Decapentaplegic Drosophila Homolog of 6 antibody
- Mothers Against Decapentaplegic Drosophila Homolog of 7 antibody
- Mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 7 antibody
- Mothers against decapentaplegic homolog 8 antibody
- Mothers against DPP homolog 7 antibody
- Mothers against DPP homolog 8 antibody
- SMA- AND MAD-RELATED PROTEIN 7 antibody
- SMAD 7 antibody
- SMAD antibody
- SMAD family member 7 antibody
- SMAD, mothers against DPP homolog 7 (Drosophila) antibody
- SMAD, mothers against DPP homolog 7 antibody
- SMAD6 antibody
- Smad7 antibody
- Smad7 antibody
- SMAD7_HUMAN antibody
Anti-MADH7 antibody images
Overlay histogram showing A549 cells stained with ab55493 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab55493, 1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
Predicted band size : 46 kDa
MADH7 antibody (ab55493) at 1ug/lane + HeLa cell lysate at 25ug/lane.
IHC image of ab55493 staining in human normal pancreas formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with EDTA (pH9, epitope retrieval solution 2) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab55493, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-MADH7 antibody (ab55493)
ab55493 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.