Anti-MAP1LC3A antibody (ab46801)
- Product nameAnti-MAP1LC3A antibodySee all MAP1LC3A primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MAP1LC3A
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Rat MAP1LC3A.
(Peptide available as ab64589.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Lysates: Mouse Brain Tissue PC12 Whole Cell HeLa Whole Cell
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46801 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 16, 18 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 14 kDa).Can be blocked with Rat MAP1LC3A peptide (ab64589) or Rat MAP1LC3A peptide (ab64590).|
- FunctionProbably involved in formation of autophagosomal vacuoles (autophagosomes).
- Tissue specificityMost abundant in heart, brain, liver, skeletal muscle and testis but absent in thymus and peripheral blood leukocytes.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MAP1 LC3 family.
modificationsThe precursor molecule is cleaved by APG4B/ATG4B to form the cytosolic form, LC3-I. This is activated by APG7L/ATG7, transferred to ATG3 and conjugated to phospholipid to form the membrane-bound form, LC3-II.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Endomembrane system. Cytoplasmic vesicle > autophagosome membrane. LC3-II binds to the autophagic membranes.
- APG8 antibody
- ATG8E antibody
- Autophagy related protein LC3 A antibody
- Autophagy related ubiquitin like modifier LC3 A antibody
- Autophagy-related protein LC3 A antibody
- Autophagy-related ubiquitin-like modifier LC3 A antibody
- LC3 antibody
- LC3A antibody
- MAP1 light chain 3 like protein 1 antibody
- MAP1 light chain 3-like protein 1 antibody
- MAP1A/1B light chain 3 A antibody
- MAP1A/MAP1B LC3 A antibody
- MAP1A/MAP1B light chain 3 A antibody
- MAP1ALC3 antibody
- MAP1BLC3 antibody
- Map1lc3a antibody
- Microtubule associated protein 1 light chain 3 alpha antibody
- Microtubule associated proteins 1A/1B light chain 3 antibody
- Microtubule associated proteins 1A/1B light chain 3A antibody
- Microtubule-associated protein 1 light chain 3 alpha antibody
- Microtubule-associated proteins 1A/1B light chain 3A antibody
- MLP3A antibody
- MLP3A_HUMAN antibody
Anti-MAP1LC3A antibody images
All lanes : Anti-MAP1LC3A antibody (ab46801) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Brain (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : PC12 (Rat adrenal pheochromocytoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 14 kDa
Observed band size : 16,18 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 55 kDa,75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-MAP1LC3A antibody (ab46801)
ab46801 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.