Anti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 antibody [E341] (ab32567)
- Product nameAnti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 antibody [E341]See all MAPKAP Kinase 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [E341] to MAPKAP Kinase 2
- Specificityab32567 recognises MAPKAP Kinase-2.
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near C-terminus of human MAPKKAP Kinase-2.
- Positive control
- Hela cell lysate.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberE341
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32567 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 46 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa).
Is unsuitable for FACS, ICC or IHC.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionIts physiological substrate seems to be the small heat shock protein (HSP27/HSP25). In vitro can phosphorylate glycogen synthase at 'Ser-7' and tyrosine hydroxylase (on 'Ser-19' and 'Ser-40'). This kinase phosphorylates Ser in the peptide sequence, Hyd-X-R-X(2)-S, where Hyd is a large hydrophobic residue (By similarity). Mediates both ERK and p38 MAPK/MAPK14 dependent neutrophil responses. Participates in TNF alpha-stimulated exocytosis of secretory vesicles in neutrophils. Plays a role in phagocytosis-induced respiratory burst activity.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues examined.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated and activated by MAP kinase.
- MAP Kinase Activated Protein Kinase 2 antibody
- MAP kinase-activated protein kinase 2 antibody
- MAPK activated protein kinase 2 antibody
- MAPK-activated protein kinase 2 antibody
- MAPK2_HUMAN antibody
- MAPKAP K2 antibody
- MAPKAP kinase 2 antibody
- MAPKAPK 2 antibody
- MAPKAPK-2 antibody
- MAPKAPK2 antibody
- Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase Activated Protein Kinase 2 antibody
- MK 2 antibody
- MK2 antibody
Anti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 antibody [E341] images
Anti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 antibody [E341] (ab32567) at 1/1000 dilution + Hela cell lysate
Predicted band size : 46 kDa
Observed band size : 46 kDa
Lanes 1 - 2 : Anti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 (phospho T334) antibody [EPR992Y] (ab51018) at 1/500 dilution
Lanes 3 - 4 : Anti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 antibody [E341] (ab32567) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : UV treated HeLa cells
Lane 2 : UV treated HeLa cells + p38 inhibitor
Lane 3 : UV treated HeLa cells
Lane 4 : UV treated HeLa cells + p38 inhibitor
IRDye® 680 LICOR goat anti-rabbit.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 46 kDa
Observed band size : 48 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 55 kDa (possible cross reactivity).
Exposure time : 1 minute
References for Anti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 antibody [E341] (ab32567)
ab32567 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.