Anti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 antibody (ab2311)
- Product nameAnti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 antibodySee all MAPKAP Kinase 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MAPKAP Kinase 2
- SpecificityTwo isoforms are produced due to alternative splicing of the same gene which differ in their C-terminals. This antibody recognizes both 43 and 60 kDa isoforms, corresponding to the apparent molecular mass of MAPKAPK-2 on SDS-PAGE immunoblots. These 43 kDa and 60 kDa bands can be specifically inhibited by the relevant peptide.
- Tested applicationsIP, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Human
Unfortunately, this information is considered to be commercially sensitive
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA, PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2311 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml.|
- FunctionIts physiological substrate seems to be the small heat shock protein (HSP27/HSP25). In vitro can phosphorylate glycogen synthase at 'Ser-7' and tyrosine hydroxylase (on 'Ser-19' and 'Ser-40'). This kinase phosphorylates Ser in the peptide sequence, Hyd-X-R-X(2)-S, where Hyd is a large hydrophobic residue (By similarity). Mediates both ERK and p38 MAPK/MAPK14 dependent neutrophil responses. Participates in TNF alpha-stimulated exocytosis of secretory vesicles in neutrophils. Plays a role in phagocytosis-induced respiratory burst activity.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues examined.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated and activated by MAP kinase.
- MAP Kinase Activated Protein Kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase-activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMAPK activated protein kinase 2 antibody
- MAPK-activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMAPK2_HUMAN antibodyMAPKAP K2 antibodyMAPKAP kinase 2 antibodyMAPKAPK 2 antibodyMAPKAPK-2 antibodyMAPKAPK2 antibodyMitogen Activated Protein Kinase Activated Protein Kinase 2 antibodyMK 2 antibodyMK2 antibody
References for Anti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 antibody (ab2311)
ab2311 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.