Anti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 (phospho T334) antibody [EPR992Y] (ab51018)
- Product nameAnti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 (phospho T334) antibody [EPR992Y]See all MAPKAP Kinase 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR992Y] to MAPKAP Kinase 2 (phospho T334)
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
Phosphorylated synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near C terminus of human MAPKAP Kinase 2.
- Positive controlWB: HeLa cell lysate IHC-P: Human breast carcinoma tissue.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR992Y
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab51018 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/250. We strongly recommend that customers perform an antigen retrieval step.
WB: 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa).
Is unsuitable for Flow Cyt or IP.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionIts physiological substrate seems to be the small heat shock protein (HSP27/HSP25). In vitro can phosphorylate glycogen synthase at 'Ser-7' and tyrosine hydroxylase (on 'Ser-19' and 'Ser-40'). This kinase phosphorylates Ser in the peptide sequence, Hyd-X-R-X(2)-S, where Hyd is a large hydrophobic residue (By similarity). Mediates both ERK and p38 MAPK/MAPK14 dependent neutrophil responses. Participates in TNF alpha-stimulated exocytosis of secretory vesicles in neutrophils. Plays a role in phagocytosis-induced respiratory burst activity.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues examined.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated and activated by MAP kinase.
- MAP kinase activated protein Kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase-activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMAPK activated protein kinase 2 antibody
- MAPK-activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMAPK2_HUMAN antibodyMAPKAP K2 antibodyMAPKAP kinase 2 antibodyMAPKAPK 2 antibodyMAPKAPK-2 antibodyMAPKAPK2 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMK 2 antibodyMK2 antibody
Anti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 (phospho T334) antibody [EPR992Y] images
All lanes : Anti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 (phospho T334) antibody [EPR992Y] (ab51018) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate, untreated
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate treated with anisomycin
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat anti-rabbit HRP labeled at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size : 46 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Ab51018 (1/100) staining human MAPKAP kinase 2 in human breast carcinoma tissue by immunohistochemistry using paraffin embedded tissue.
All lanes : Anti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 (phospho T334) antibody [EPR992Y] (ab51018)
Lane 1 : HEK293 cells transfected with GFP-MK2
Lane 2 : HEK293 cells transfected with GFP-MK2 and treated 1h with p38 inhibitor
Lane 3 : HEK293 cells transfected with GFP-T334A MK2
Predicted band size : 46 kDa
References for Anti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 (phospho T334) antibody [EPR992Y] (ab51018)
This product has been referenced in:
- Felix RS et al. SAGE analysis highlights the importance of p53csv, ddx5, mapkapk2 and ranbp2 to multiple myeloma tumorigenesis. Cancer Lett 278:41-8 (2009). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19171422) »