Anti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 (phospho T334) antibody (ab63378)
- Product nameAnti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 (phospho T334) antibodySee all MAPKAP Kinase 2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MAPKAP Kinase 2 (phospho T334)
- SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of MAPKAP Kinase 2 only when phosphorylated at threonine 334 (human) and threonine 320 (mouse and rat).
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IHC-P, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide from around the phosphorylation site of threonine 334 (PQTPPL) of human MAPKAP Kinase 2
- Positive controlHuman breast carcinoma tissue NIH/3T3 cell extract
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63378 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 46 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.|
- FunctionIts physiological substrate seems to be the small heat shock protein (HSP27/HSP25). In vitro can phosphorylate glycogen synthase at 'Ser-7' and tyrosine hydroxylase (on 'Ser-19' and 'Ser-40'). This kinase phosphorylates Ser in the peptide sequence, Hyd-X-R-X(2)-S, where Hyd is a large hydrophobic residue (By similarity). Mediates both ERK and p38 MAPK/MAPK14 dependent neutrophil responses. Participates in TNF alpha-stimulated exocytosis of secretory vesicles in neutrophils. Plays a role in phagocytosis-induced respiratory burst activity.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues examined.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated and activated by MAP kinase.
- MAP kinase activated protein Kinase 2 antibodyMAP kinase-activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMAPK activated protein kinase 2 antibody
- MAPK-activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMAPK2_HUMAN antibodyMAPKAP K2 antibodyMAPKAP kinase 2 antibodyMAPKAPK 2 antibodyMAPKAPK-2 antibodyMAPKAPK2 antibodyMitogen activated protein kinase activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMK 2 antibodyMK2 antibody
Anti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 (phospho T334) antibody images
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue labelled with ab63378 at 1/50 dilution. Right hand panel was treated with immunising phosphopeptide.
All lanes : Anti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 (phospho T334) antibody (ab63378) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : NIH/3T3 cell extract
Lane 2 : NIH/3T3 cell extract with immunising phosphopeptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 46 kDa
Observed band size : 46 kDa
Additional bands at : 28 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ICC/IF image of ab63378 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab63378, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-MAPKAP Kinase 2 (phospho T334) antibody (ab63378)
ab63378 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.