Anti-MAPKAPK2/3 antibody (ab82543)
- Product nameAnti-MAPKAPK2/3 antibody
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MAPKAPK2/3
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to amino acids 332-336 of Human MAPKAPK2
- Positive controlRecombinant proteins
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab82543 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 43 , 45 kDa.|
- RelevanceMAPKAPK2 (MAP kinase activated protein kinase 2, MAPKAP Kinase 2), also known as p45 hsp27 kinase, is a 45-54 kDa serine/threonine protein kinase that contains a proline rich sequence and two putative SH3 binding sites. MAPKAP Kinase 2 is activated in response to stress, IL1 and TNF, possibly catalyzed by p38/Hog dependent phosphorylation. One of the major substrates of MAPKAP Kinase 2 is hsp27, which stimulates actin polymerization in order to facilitate recovery from destruction of cytoskeleton during cellular stresses. MAPKAP2 is implicated in several disorders including ischemic brain injury and heart failure and has been shown to be important in regulating stress resistance and the production of TNF alpha. MAPKAPK3 functions as a mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAP kinase)- activated protein kinase. MAP kinases, also known as extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERKs), act as an integration point for multiple biochemical signals. This kinase was shown to be activated by growth inducers and stress stimulation of cells. In vitro studies demonstrated that ERK, p38 MAP kinase and Jun N-terminal kinase were all able to phosphorylate and activate this kinase, which suggested the role of this kinase as an integrative element of signaling in both mitogen and stress responses. This kinase was reported to interact with, phosphorylate and repress the activity of E47, which is a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor known to be involved in the regulation of tissue-specific gene expression and cell differentiation
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Nuclear
- 3PK antibodyAA960234 antibodyMAP kinase activated protein kinase 2 antibody
- MAP kinase activated protein kinase 3 antibodyMAPK activated protein kinase 2 antibodyMAPK activated protein kinase 3 antibodyMAPKAP kinase 2 antibodyMAPKAP kinase 3 antibodyMK2 antibodyMK3 antibodyOTTHUMP00000034531 antibodyRps6kc1 antibody
Anti-MAPKAPK2/3 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-MAPKAPK2/3 antibody (ab82543) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human recombinant MAPKAPK2 with proprietary tag
Lane 2 : human recombinant MAPKAPK3 with proprietary tag
Lysates/proteins at 0.02 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 43 , 45 kDa
Observed band size : 65,70 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-MAPKAPK2/3 antibody (ab82543)
ab82543 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.