Anti-MARK2 antibody (ab77641)
- Product nameAnti-MARK2 antibodySee all MARK2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to MARK2
- SpecificityExpected to recognize both reported isoforms b and c (NP_004945.3 and NP_001034557.1).
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
Synthetic peptide: C-QNGKDSTAPQR, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 499-509 of Human MARK2 (NP_001034557.1)
- Positive control
- Human Brain (Cerebellum) lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from Goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77641 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 0.3 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 77 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionRole in epithelial morphogenesis. Modulates the developmental decision to build a columnar versus a hepatic epithelial cell apparently by promoting a switch from a direct to a transcytotic mode of apical protein delivery. Essential for the asymmetric development of membrane domains of polarized epithelial cells. One or more isoforms may play a role in graft rejection.
- Tissue specificityHigh levels of expression in heart, brain, skeletal muscle and pancreas, lower levels observed in lung, liver and kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MARK subfamily.
Contains 1 KA1 (kinase-associated) domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 UBA domain.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Phosphorylated by PRKCZ in polarized epithelial cells, resulting in an interaction with YWHAZ which promotes relocation from the lateral to the apical membrane.
- EC 126.96.36.199 antibody
- ELKL motif kinase 1 antibody
- ELKL motif kinase antibody
- EMK-1 antibody
- EMK1 antibody
- MAP/microtubule affinity regulating kinase 2 antibody
- MAP/microtubule affinity-regulating kinase 2 antibody
- Mark2 antibody
- MARK2_HUMAN antibody
- MGC99619 antibody
- PAR 1 antibody
- Par 1b antibody
- PAR1 homolog antibody
- Par1b antibody
- Ser/Thr protein kinase PAR 1B antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase EMK antibody
- Serine/threonine protein kinase MARK2 antibody
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase MARK2 antibody
Anti-MARK2 antibody images
Anti-MARK2 antibody (ab77641) at 0.3 µg/ml + Human cerebellum lysate in RIPA buffer at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 77 kDa
Observed band size : 70 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-MARK2 antibody (ab77641)
ab77641 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.