Anti-MASPIN antibody (ab22354)
- Product nameAnti-MASPIN antibodySee all MASPIN primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MASPIN
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 100 - 200 of Human MASPIN.
(Peptide available as ab24350.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: Human Prostate Tumor.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22354 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa).Can be blocked with MASPIN peptide (ab24350).|
- FunctionTumor suppressor. It blocks the growth, invasion, and metastatic properties of mammary tumors. As it does not undergo the S (stressed) to R (relaxed) conformational transition characteristic of active serpins, it exhibits no serine protease inhibitory activity.
- Tissue specificityNormal mammary epithelial cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the serpin family. Ov-serpin subfamily.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space.
- mammary serine proteinase inhibitor antibodyMaspin antibodyOvalbumin antibody
- Peptidase inhibitor 5 antibodyPI-5 antibodyPI5 antibodyProtease inhibitor 5 antibodySerine (or cysteine) peptidase inhibitor, clade B, member 5 antibodySerpin B5 antibodyserpin peptidase inhibitor antibodySerpin peptidase inhibitor, clade B (ovalbumin), member 5 antibodySERPINB5 antibodySPB5_HUMAN antibodySpi5 antibodySpi7 antibody
Anti-MASPIN antibody images
All lanes : Anti-MASPIN antibody (ab22354) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human Prostate Tumor Tissue Lysate at 20 ug
Lane 2 : Human Prostate Tumor Tissue Lysate at 20 ug with
MASPIN peptide (ab24350) at 1 µg/ml
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 680) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 42 kDa
Observed band size : 40 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 30 kDa (possible cleavage fragment).
ab22354 staining MASPIN in human colon tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections). The sections were fixed in paraformaldehyde and subjected to heat-mediated antigen retrieval in TRIS-EDTA Buffer pH 9.0 and permeabilized with a wash buffer with Tween. The primary antibody was diluted 1/2000 and incubated with the sample for 30 minutes at 20°C. An HRP-conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-MASPIN antibody (ab22354)
ab22354 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.