Anti-MBD1 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab3753)
- Product nameAnti-MBD1 antibody - ChIP GradeSee all MBD1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MBD1 - ChIP Grade
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, ChIP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: all Mammals
Synthetic peptide: KQEPPDPEEDKEENKDDSAS, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 436-455 of Human MBD1.
- EpitopeThis antibody recognises the C-terminus of MBD 1.
- Positive controlMCF 7 cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferserum with 0.02% sodium azide
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3753 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 57.6 kDa). We recommend using nuclear extracts when performing Western blots with this antibody.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ChIP||ChIP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionTranscriptional repressor that binds CpG islands in promoters where the DNA is methylated at position 5 of cytosine within CpG dinucleotides. Binding is abolished by the presence of 7-mG that is produced by DNA damage by methylmethanesulfonate (MMS). Acts as transcriptional repressor and plays a role in gene silencing by recruiting AFT7IP, which in turn recruits factors such as the histone methyltransferase SETDB1. Probably forms a complex with SETDB1 and ATF7IP that represses transcription and couples DNA methylation and histone 'Lys-9' trimethylation. Isoform 1 and isoform 2 can also repress transcription from unmethylated promoters.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 3 CXXC-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 MBD (methyl-CpG-binding) domain.
- DomainThe methyl-CpG-binding domain (MBD) functions both in binding to methylated DNA and in protein interactions.
The third CXXC-type zinc finger mediates binding to non-methylated CpG dinucleotides.
The transcriptional repression domain (TRD) is involved in transcription repression and in protein interactions.
modificationsSumoylated with SUMO1 by PIAS1 and PIAS3. Sumoylation affects transcriptional silencing by preventing the interaction with SETDB1. In contrast, sumoylation may increase interaction with AFT7IP.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationNucleus speckle. Chromosome. Nuclear, in a punctate pattern. Associated with euchromatic regions of the chromosomes, with pericentromeric regions on chromosome 1 and with telomeric regions from several chromosomes.
- CXXC 3 antibodyCXXC-type zinc finger protein 3 antibodyCXXC3 antibody
- MBD 1 antibodyMBD1 antibodyMBD1_HUMAN antibodyMECP1 COMPLEX antibodyMethyl CpG binding domain protein 1 antibodyMethyl CpG binding domain protein 1 antibodyMethyl CpG binding domain protein 1 isoform PCM1 antibodyMethyl CpG binding protein MBD1 antibodyMethyl CpG binding protein splice variant 1 antibodyMethyl CpG binding protein splice variant 2 antibodyMethyl CpG binding protein splice variant 3 antibodyMethyl CpG binding protein splice variant 4 antibodyMethyl-CpG-binding domain protein 1 antibodyMethyl-CpG-binding protein MBD1 antibodyPCM 1 antibodyPCM 1 antibodyPCM1 antibodyProtein containing methyl CpG binding domain 1 antibodyProtein containing methyl-CpG-binding domain 1 antibodyRegulator of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF 2) transcription antibodyRFT antibodyThe regulator of fibroblast growth factor 2(FGF 2) transcription antibody
Anti-MBD1 antibody - ChIP Grade images
Predicted band size : 57.6 kDa
1. Western blot using Rabbit polyclonal to MBD 1 at a 1/1000 dilution MCF 7 cell lysate. The antibody detects a band at approximately 60 kDa.
2. Immunolocalisation of MBD 1 in PAM212 cells.
References for Anti-MBD1 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab3753)
This product has been referenced in:
- Nandakumar V et al. Aberrant DNA hypermethylation patterns lead to transcriptional silencing of tumor suppressor genes in UVB-exposed skin and UVB-induced skin tumors of mice. Carcinogenesis 32:597-604 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21186298) »
- Chatagnon A et al. A role for methyl-CpG binding domain protein 2 in the modulation of the estrogen response of pS2/TFF1 gene. PLoS One 5:e9665 (2010). ChIP ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20300195) »