Anti-MBD2 antibody (ab26848)
- Product nameAnti-MBD2 antibodySee all MBD2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to MBD2
- Tested applicationsELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Fusion protein: CPEQEEGESAAGGSGAG, corresponding to amino acids 11-27 of Human MBD2
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26848 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionBinds CpG islands in promoters where the DNA is methylated at position 5 of cytosine within CpG dinucleotides. Binds hemimethylated DNA as well. Recruits histone deacetylases and DNA methyltransferases. Acts as transcriptional repressor and plays a role in gene silencing. Functions as a scaffold protein, targeting GATAD2A and GATAD2B to chromatin to promote repression. May enhance the activation of some unmethylated cAMP-responsive promoters.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in brain, heart, kidney, stomach, testis and placenta.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 MBD (methyl-CpG-binding) domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Nuclear, in discrete foci. Detected at replication foci in late S phase.
- DEMETHYLASE antibodyDKFZp586O0821 antibodyDMTase antibody
- MBD 2 antibodyMbd2 antibodyMBD2_HUMAN antibodyMBD2a antibodyMethyl CpG binding domain protein 2 antibodyMethyl CpG binding protein MBD2 antibodyMethyl-CpG-binding domain protein 2 antibodyMethyl-CpG-binding protein MBD2 antibodyNY CO 41 antibody
Anti-MBD2 antibody images
Free peptide as test antigen. ab26848 used as primary antibody, with an HRP-conjugated anti-IgY as secondary.
References for Anti-MBD2 antibody (ab26848)
ab26848 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.