Anti-MCL1 antibody [38G3] - Aminoterminal end (ab49435)
- Product nameAnti-MCL1 antibody [38G3] - Aminoterminal endSee all MCL1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [38G3] to MCL1 - Aminoterminal end
- Tested applicationsIHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to a 255 amino acid fragment of the N terminal region of human MCL1
- Positive controlHuman small intestine tissue
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: Tissue culture supernatant
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number38G3
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab49435 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionInvolved in the regulation of apoptosis versus cell survival, and in the maintenance of viability but not of proliferation. Mediates its effects by interactions with a number of other regulators of apoptosis. Isoform 1 inhibits apoptosis. Isoform 2 promotes apoptosis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Bcl-2 family.
modificationsCleaved by CASP3 during apoptosis. In intact cells cleavage occurs preferentially after Asp-127, yielding a pro-apoptotic 28 kDa C-terminal fragment.
Rapidly degraded in the absence of phosphorylation on Thr-163 in the PEST region.
Phosphorylated on Thr-163. Treatment with taxol or okadaic acid induces phosphorylation on additional sites.
- Cellular localizationMembrane. Cytoplasm. Mitochondrion. Nucleus > nucleoplasm. Cytoplasmic, associated with mitochondria.
- Bcl 2 related protein EAT/mcl1 antibodyBcl-2-like protein 3 antibodyBcl-2-related protein EAT/mcl1 antibody
- BCL2 related antibodyBcl2-L-3 antibodyBCL2L3 antibodyEAT antibodyInduced myeloid leukemia cell differentiation protein Mcl 1 antibodyInduced myeloid leukemia cell differentiation protein Mcl-1 antibodyMCL 1 antibodyMCL1 antibodyMCL1-ES antibodyMcl1/EAT antibodyMCL1_HUMAN antibodyMCL1L antibodyMCL1S antibodyMGC104264 antibodyMGC1839 antibodyMyeloid Cell Leukemia 1 antibodyMyeloid cell leukemia ES antibodymyeloid cell leukemia sequence 1 antibodyMyeloid cell leukemia sequence 1 BCL2 related antibodyMyeloid cell leukemia sequence 1 isoform 1 antibodyOTTHUMP00000032794 antibodyOTTHUMP00000032795 antibodyTM antibody
Anti-MCL1 antibody [38G3] - Aminoterminal end images
Immunohistochemical staining of paraffin embedded human small intestine tissue using ab49435 at 1:20 dilution. 60 minutes primary antibody incubation at 25oC and standard ABC technique. Note cytoplasmic staining of differentiated epithelial cells of the villi
References for Anti-MCL1 antibody [38G3] - Aminoterminal end (ab49435)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lassmann S et al. STAT3 mRNA and protein expression in colorectal cancer: effects on STAT3-inducible targets linked to cell survival and proliferation. J Clin Pathol 60:173-9 (2007). Read more (PubMed: 17264243) »